WSR - Word 2007 - Show all formatting marks

Can I directly control/toggle this checkbox (also “spaces” and “paragaph marks”), I keep having it/them ticked but every time I close a document or open a new one invariably they are no longer showing, assuming it doesn’t already exist can I create a command “Show all formatting marks” with VP or WSR macros.

Just to confirm, I am using 64-bit Win 7 and Office 2007

Thanks

Graham

Problem apparently solved using WSR macros:

“Toggle Formatting”
{{CTRL}}{{SHIFT}}8
seems to do exactly what I want.

Graham

emiliaserv2010-09-28 08:02:58

Graham,

Sorry for not responding to your original post, but since this is a application specific issue, your solution is probably the most appropriate. However, you should be able to do exactly the same thing in VoicePower using the keystrokes VoiceShortcuts, which in some cases are more effective than script lines and more easily modified when necessary.

If you would like to know how to do it in VoicePower, tell me exactly in what application and where you’re attempting to do this, and I will provide you with the VoicePower VoiceShortcuts approach. However, I need much more detail including a step-by-step description of what you’re doing from start to finish.

Hi Chuck,

When I am working in MS Word, I usually want to display the formatting marks, however for some reason Word does not remember this setting, I discovered that Ctrl+Shift+8 will toggle this option on and off, you can find it under:
Office Button --> Word Options --> Display
Graham

Graham,

Actually, you needn’t have created a macro at all. Regardless of what version of Microsoft Word you’re using, but with regard to my testing specifically using Microsoft Word 2007/2010, all you have to do is issue the command “press control shift eight in” saying it just that way. It’s a toggle. It will toggle the formatting symbols on and off. Only thing you have to do is to set which symbols you want displayed in the “Word Options”. This is a Microsoft Word command so it should work in Windows Speech Recognition - WSR. In Dragon NaturallySpeaking all you have to do is to say “show hide”. I tested “press control shift eight” in Windows Speech Recognition - WSR and that works. The only reason for creating a macro would be if you want a shorter command name. Remember that all Ribbon button commands are accessible by voice whether you’re using Windows Speech Recognition or Dragon NaturallySpeaking. It’s just a question of which command applies specifically to which SR app.Chucker2010-09-28 12:36:05

Yes you are right, saying it that way does work, however once you start to build up one or two commands like this it will be difficult to remember the various key combinations. A command name such as “toggle formatting” is at least easy to remember.

To get to these particular settings using the ribbon, I need to say “office button”, “word options”, “display” and this is rather long-winded as well.

Graham