which surface pro to choose with voice recognition

I am looking for advice.

I am considering buying the new surface pro 4. The first model uses the Intel Core M with 4 gigs of Ram. It has a great benefit. It is fanless and has the longest battery life. But, will it power DNS14 and Voice Computer? I am not a gamer or anything like that.
The next model up has an Intel i5 with 4 gigs of ram and a fan.

The combination of voice recognition and pen enablement would be incredible for productivity on Outlook and MS Word for me. As Ron pointed out on a previous post, the Achilles heal is the Bluetooth accurate microphone. It simply didn’t exist last year. I am wondering if the technology has advanced in that regard as well.

Gary,

Be careful when looking at the Surface Pro 4. Looks are deceiving, And so are the specs.

The Intel Core M (Skylake) processors are at the low end of the totem pole. They lack the processor power, even though they are Skylake processors, to adequately run Dragon Professional Individual 14 and VoiceComputer. That's not to say that neither will run on the Intel Core M (Skylake) processors, but the possibility exists that you may run into a problem because the Intel Core M (Skylake), most specifically the Core M3, runs at 900 MHz, which is below the system requirements for Dragon Professional Individual, or even previous versions of Dragon.

<p>If you're going to go with the Surface Pro 4, the minimum that you want is as follows:</p>

<font face="Arial"><p>1.  Coreâ„¢ i5 (Skylake).</p>
<p>2.  8 GB of RAM</p>
<p>3.  256 GB SSD</p>

</font><p>Remember, what you're buying is basically a notebook (Ultrabook). As such it's a closed system, so what you're buying you're stuck with, unless you want to go through the process of exchanging it, which, believe me, is a pain in the neck. Also, the above specifications are the minimum for working effectively with Dragon Professional Individual and VoiceComputer. You don't have to go all the way to the top end Core<font face="Arial">â„¢ i7 with 16 GB of RAM and 512 GB SSD, but you do need a system that will function well with the least amount of cost. If you go with the Core M Skylake processors, I'm afraid that you will be sorely disappointed.</font></p><font face="Arial">

<p>Keep the following in mind. Cutting too many corners is never a good idea.</p>

<p>Be careful what you wish for.  You may find that what you get is not what you expect, or what you want. - Aesop (620 BC - 700 BC modern interpretation)</p></font>

Thanks for the great advice. I just placed my order for the i5 with 8 gig RAM and 256 SSD. I am thrilled and can’t wait until it ships on the 26th.

Gary,

Good luck! Let us know how it works out.