Weird problem with numbers

I am transcribing documents into a Microsoft word 2010 table, the first column of which contains the page number of the document. Today, for some reason, every time I dictated a number like 20 I received the message that VoiceComputer could not complete the mouse move, or something similar, but nothing was inserted into the table.

<div><br></div><div>Strangely, if I said 'number 20' instead of just '20' then the number was inserted into the table and I did not get the error message.</div><div><br></div><div>I solved the problem by restarting speech, but I found the problem very puzzling.  </div><div><br></div><div>Viv</div>

Viv,

I’m sure that Ron will take a look at this, but I can’t duplicate your problem in either Microsoft Word 2010 or Word 2013. I did a very comprehensive test of Dragon and VoiceComputer commands via tables in Microsoft Word 2010/2013 and found no anomalies.

It might just be that either some of the commands that you enabled (i.e., Mouse Commands) didn’t get fully updated, which did occur on a Restart Speech. Or it could be something else. We would have to be able to duplicate the problem in order to identify the cause. However, I suspect that if VoiceComputer was in any way involved, it was probably just a glitch.

Keep your eye on this issue and tell us if it happens again.Chucker2013-12-06 13:46:38

Thanks Chuck,

<div><br></div><div>It may be something peculiar to my computer, which is not functioning as well as it did a year ago when I installed Windows.  Although I have experienced a few problems with Dragon and VC most of the problems are not speech recognition related.  It is something which may lead me to reinstall Windows, when I am feeling brave, or have time on my hands, if that ever happens.</div><div><br></div><div>My guess is that you will not be able to reproduce it, and as it was easy to get rid of then I am not worrying, unless it recurs.  I did think that I might have to reboot the computer to get rid of the problem, but am glad that I did not.</div><div><br></div><div>Viv</div>