VoicePower's smart quote commands

I thought I would throw this out for the big brains to think about.

<span =“Apple-style-span” style="-webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 1px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 1px; “>
I try to take a few minutes each day to look through VoicePower for more information. In looking at commands for Word, I found in the “style commands” the following commands:

<span =“apple-tab-span”=”" style=“white-space: pre; “> single close quote(smart quote)
<span =“apple-tab-span”=”” style=“white-space: pre; “> single open quite(smart quote)
<span =“apple-tab-span”=”” style=“white-space: pre; “> smart close quote
<span =“apple-tab-span”=”” style="white-space: pre; "> smart open quote

I tried to deploy them that they came out saying the word smart and then a quotation. To put the smart quotes around the style commands above, I used the KnowBrainer smart quotes.

Any idea what they could mean?

Jim

Jim,

Currently they don’t work. Ron and I are trying to figure out where they originally came from. When I have more information, I’ll let you know what the deal is. However, keep in mind that these are commands not in line, structured vocabulary commands. Therefore, there subject to the same pause issues as normal commands in Dragon. At any rate, they don’t currently work.

with you on it, I am relieved.

Thanks,

Jim

Jim,

These commands are unique to Microsoft Word. They should work in Microsoft Word 2007 and 2010. They should also work in Microsoft Word 2003, but I don’t have 2003 installed so I can’t verify this. However, they are not global commands. That is, they will not work in WordPad, DragonPad, or notepad, also, they may or may not work in Corel WordPerfect. However, again, I don’t have Corel WordPerfect installed on any of my systems because I don’t use it.

Regardless, I have tested these in Microsoft Word 2007 and 2010 and they work properly.

Thank you, Chucker.

They work in Microsoft Word 2007 as well for me.

Much appreciated.

Jim