VoicePower with two monitors

Is it possible to have the VoicePower window live on the second monitor? So far I have been unsuccessful in getting it to move over there. If I drag it with the mouse (manually) I find that it just jumps back to the right-hand side of the main monitor as soon as I give a spoken command such as “view second monitor”.

Is it possible to have the VoicePower window live on the second monitor?

Yes, just configure VoicePower for two monitors.
Say: “Configure VoicePower”
“1 Open” (To configure Screen resolution)
“2 Open” (To configure VP’s display width)
“No” (to choose another screen resolution)
"Two monitors"
VoicePower will open up placement windows to let you configure where you want things to be displayed. The best option is to maximize the first placement window on the second monitor and maximize the second placement window on the first monitor.
Once you do this, VoicePower help screens will display on the second monitor and you’ll be able to use voice commands to position windows and the mouse on either monitor.

RonK2012-01-19 10:25:06

I went through the procedure described above. This did not work for me.

As before, the voice power help window is maximized and takes up the entire primary monitor. I cannot find the command for telling the help window to take up less than the full screen. I cannot figure out how to get to windows that are below the voice power help window. If I close the voice power help window using my hands, I cannot figure out how to reopen the voice power help window without restarting speech recognition, which takes a long time.

Fortunately Internet explorer opens in the second monitor. However, with Internet Explorer in the second monitor, I cannot effectively use the mouse grid. Furthermore, for reasons that I cannot fully understand, it seems that voice power interferes with training new words in Dragon. If I go through the sequence of “correct that” followed by “spell that” followed by “click train”, then the training does not pop up.

I would like for voice power to be in the secondary monitor. Given that my secondary monitor is 24 inches, I would like for it to not be maximized. I would like to know where the commands are for opening and closing this window are, and I would like to know how to get to things that may be underneath this window.

First, the command for resizing the VoicePower help screens is "resize window". That command only works with the VoicePower he windows are open.

Second, if the VoicePower help screens open over top of another window or application window, the "resize window" will resize whatever is underneath the VoicePower help window side-by-side with the help window fully aligned. Again, "resize window" only works when the VoicePower help screens are displayed.

Lastly, you can open any VoicePower help screen by simply issuing the command for that particular VoicePower help window by issuing the command for such. If you don't remember the exact window that you are looking for in the VoicePower help screens, simply say "show main menu" and you can navigate by voice from there. If you need to close any VoicePower help screen, simply say "close VoicePower window".

Keep in mind that VoicePower can be manipulated completely and totally by voice. You can get to any screen (VoicePower) or manipulate VoicePower and/or your desktop entirely by voice. VoicePower is designed to be totally hands-free.

[QUOTE] Fortunately Internet explorer opens in the second monitor. However, with Internet Explorer in the second monitor, I cannot effectively use the mouse grid. Furthermore, for reasons that I cannot fully understand, it seems that voice power interferes with training new words in Dragon. If I go through the sequence of "correct that" followed by "spell that" followed by "click train", then the training does not pop up. [/QUOTE]

As far as displaying the screen grid on monitor 2, say "screen two screen grid". That should display the screen grid on monitor two. However, you should review the restrictions and limitations in the "Show Mouse Guide". Moving, clicking, and dragging the mouse on the second monitor based on screen grid coordinates may not be accurate if your second monitor is a different size and resolution than your first. However, I see what you're saying and I will discuss this with Ron.

As regards to VoicePower interfering with the training in the Spelling Window, that is not a conflict between Dragon and VoicePower. It is purely of Dragon problem. Keep in mind that in order to train corrections in the Spelling Window, you must either make a change manually or select the correct option before you use the Train option. Otherwise, the window will simply close. Review the help on using the Spelling Window in the Dragon Help. Also, it is not necessary to say "click train". Simply say "train". In addition, give us a specific step-by-step example so that we can tried to duplicate your problem and analyzing. Otherwise, you should not have a problem with training in the Spelling Window. It does not conflict with VoicePower because I've seen this occur even without VoicePower on occasion. Therefore, it's something in Dragon that causes this to occur from time to time.

[QUOTE] I would like for voice power to be in the secondary monitor. Given that my secondary monitor is 24 inches, I would like for it to not be maximized. I would like to know where the commands are for opening and closing this window are, and I would like to know how to get to things that may be underneath this window. [/QUOTE]

As regards to anything coming up underneath the VoicePower help screen, I've already explained that above. However, there does seem to be an issue with regard to the "resize window" if the VoicePower help screens are displayed full-screen on monitor two. Again, I will discuss this with Ron.

Chucker2012-01-23 06:46:18

I have given up on two monitors. I have not found any way to get the VoicePower help window to move to the second monitor and to stay there. I did follow the instructions given above. I did this on my work computer and my home computer, which have different monitor configurations.

Thank you for the recommendation with “show main menu”. Given that there is explicit command to close this window, I had assumed that there was an explicit command to open this window. Also, given that the commands to show various things do not open new windows, it did not occur to me that these commands also had an implicit “if window not open, open it”.