VoicePower vp script and legacy scripting

Since I’m only becoming familiar with VoicePower’s VP script and legacy script, I use a little bit of both and making some commands. I have noticed a few “irregularities” when using them.

Consider the following two examples.

<![CDATA[sendkeys "

"]]>

The above produces < le> PASTED CONTENT. Obviously incorrect. The following script produces the correct result,
PASTED CONTENT
. Note that Dreamweaver closes the tag automatically because it is a valid tag.

<![CDATA[sendkeys "
"]]>

Another issue I run into is explained in the following examples.

Similar to above, I want to create a script that produces the following result:
PASTED CONTENT
. Now I can easily do
PASTED CONTENT
using a legacy script, same as I did above. However, I have not found a way to make legacy scripts translate the equals sign and quotation marks properly.

The following VP script produces:
. Close, but not quite correct. The script does not execute the cut or the paste.

<sendkeys string="
" wait=“5”/>

In legacy format, the following script produces: <div classer"> PASTED CONTENT
. The script does not like the line at all that contains the equals sign and totally ignores it. Then it translates the code for the quotation mark literally. Using a regular quotation mark produces bizarre results as well.

<![CDATA[sendkeys "

"]]>

So therefore, I have a bit of a conundrum. I can do part of it in one method and part of it in another but I cannot do the complete script properly.

On a funny note, I had to log into the forum again. I entered the wrong password a few times and so was presented with a captcha that was “666KD”. So there you go, Kraft Dinner is evil.
Evil Smile

onebigfish2010-09-21 11:32:14
Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. We're in the middle of an office move. It'll probably be another week or so before we get back to normal.
Yes, we've found some quirks in our command language. Before we address them, we're trying to decide if and when to integrate Windows PowerShell into our scripting language.
Our programmer feels that this would add enormous power to the language but it might entail substantial changes.