VoiceComputer will not install with Windows 8 prof

I purchased Window 8 Professional yesterday and installed it today. The Windows 8 promo allowed VoiceComputer to install and run. Window 8 Pro won’t let me install Voice Computer. I get a menu that says I need tot install .net 3.5 or greater. I installed .net 4.5 from VoiceComputer Installation Guide.
When I attempted to install VoiceComputer again, I got a menu that said the operating system already had .net 4.5 installed.I assume that is Windows 8 Proffesional. Suffice it to say, VoiceComputer will not install.
Dragon 12 installed without difficulty, altough the dictation box will not transfer into this message box. I copied and tried to paste it from dictation box, but it would not work. I am typing this.
I am helpless without VoiceComputer.
Help Chucker and Ron!
Happy Halloween,
Jim
< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">I purchased Windows .8 professional yesterday and downloaded it. Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12 installed from the disk without difficulty. I downloaded VoiceComputer. When I tried to install it I got a menu saying I had to have.net framework 3.5 SP1 or greater installed.< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">
< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">I went to VoiceComputer’s installation guidelines and downloaded.net 4.5.< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">
< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">When I tried running the VoiceComputer setup again, I got another menu that said.net 4.5 was already part of the operating system. VoiceComputer will not install.< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">
< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">Suffice it to say, I am very sad.< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">
< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">Help Chucker or Ron!< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">
< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">Happy Halloween,< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">
< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">I purchased Windows .8 professional yesterday and downloaded it. Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12 installed from the disk without difficulty. I downloaded VoiceComputer. When I tried to install it I got a menu saying I had to have.net framework 3.5 SP1 or greater installed.< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">
< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">I went to VoiceComputer’s installation guidelines and downloaded.net 4.5.< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">
< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">When I tried running the VoiceComputer setup again, I got another menu that said.net 4.5 was already part of the operating system. VoiceComputer will not install.< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">
< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">Suffice it to say, I am very sad.< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">
< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">Help Chucker or Ron!< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">
< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">Happy Halloween,< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">
< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">I downloaded Windows 8 professional. Dragon 12 installed from the disk without any difficulty. However, when I try to install VoiceComputer I get a menu that says I must have.net framework 3.5 SP1 or greater installed. I went to VoiceComputer installation guide and downloaded.net 4.5.< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">
< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">When I tried to install VoiceComputer again I get a menu that says.net .5 is already part of the operating system. Suffice it to say, I have no VoiceComputer.< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">
< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">I am sad.< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">
< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">< name=“tabId” value=“2”>

The Windows 8 promo allowed VoiceComputer to install and run. Window 8 Pro won’t let me install Voice Computer

Yes, we had tested with the promo and it was fine. Not sure whether Chuck has tested with the release.
However, if you can install on a second computer, copy the VoiceTeach directory (under Program Files(x86) to a USB and then copy the directory to your Win 8 computer (or just run it from the USB drive).
Put a shortcut of the VoiceComputer.exe file on the desktop and run it from there.
Ron

Jim,

Unfortunately, Microsoft net framework 4.5 does not contain the previous versions of net framework. VoiceComputer requires Microsoft net framework 3.5 even in Windows 8 Professional, which is what I have.

Go to the following link and download and install Microsoft net framework 3.5. Once you do that, VoiceComputer will install and run. I'll have to check with Ron and Evan as to why and whether or not we can make an appropriate change to VoiceComputer so that it will run with Microsoft net framework 4.5 and not require net framework 3.5.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=21

Good morning, Gentlemen,
Downlaoded the link Chucker suggested but VC would not install. I created the desk icon Ron suggested and installed nicely.
Problem now is can’t transfer dictation from dragon box or copy from wordpap–this installation of Window 8 Pro has me baffled about saving programs and file. I told it to save everything and the Windows.old file doesn’t have Microsoft Office. I am going to install it again.
Thanks and appreciated,
Jim
< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">Good morning, gentlemen:< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">I downloaded the link Chucker recommended. I then tried to install VoiceComputer. No luck. I then created the desktop that Ron suggested and it installed.< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">By the way, the dictation box doesn’t work with VoiceComputer. I am dictating this into the WordPad and hope it will copy over.< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">Great to be back on board.< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">Thanks and appreciated,< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">Good morning, gentlemen:< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">I downloaded the link Chucker recommended. I then tried to install VoiceComputer. No luck. I then created the desktop that Ron suggested and it installed.< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">By the way, the dictation box doesn’t work with VoiceComputer. I am dictating this into the WordPad and hope it will copy over.< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">Great to be back on board.< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">Thanks and appreciated,< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">Good morning, gentlemen,< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">
< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">I tried to install VoiceComputer after downloading the link Chucker recommended. It didn’t work. However, VoiceComputer did install when I opened it from the desktop recommendation from Ron.< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">
< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">Glad to have it back on board.< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">
< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">Thanks so much,< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">
< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">< name=“tabId” value=“35”>

Jim,

Did you reboot after installing net framework 3.5. I don't recall whether I had to reboot or not, but I suspect that I did and it is very possible that simply downloading and installing net framework 3.5 will not automatically activate it until you reboot Windows 8. I think that I had to reboot because I was also installing a new NVIDIA driver for my video card (Windows 8 supported), as well as possibly a couple of other things. Try rebooting Windows and then retry the install and let me know.

Regardless, after installing net framework 3.5, I had no problems installing VoiceComputer. Something's up if after rebooting Windows 8 you can't install VoiceComputer on your Windows 8 system.

If you installed Windows 8 Professional over top of the preview version, your Microsoft office will not get transferred, nor will any of your other applications. You may not even find them in the Windows.old. Microsoft has gone out of the way to avoid conflicts. What I found is that in most cases I had to reinstall anyway (most apps & drivers). Windows 8 will function fairly well on its own with its hardware support that's built in, but some applications will not carry over at all. For example, I have the wireless keyboard & mouse that runs off the “Anywhere” USB dongle. However, if you run the “Anywhere” software it will not find your hardware. You have to download and reinstall the Setpoint software and then rerun the “Anywhere” option. The bottom line is that you can't assume anything relative to Windows 8 Professional final release. If you think Windows 8 Professional should do certain things, think again. Microsoft has changed the ground rules and some of the things that may have been possible in the past when going to Windows 7, do not apply when going to Windows 8.

Send me a copy of your VoiceComputer log so Ron and I can take a look at it. I've got VoiceComputer up and running on my Windows 8 system with no problems and everything is working as it should.

I haven't had the chance yet to test everything Re: DNS 12, but will be doing so as long as the power holds up here. Sandy is supposed to get very nasty and were right in the middle of the bull's-eye sometime around midnight tonight. We might not lose power where I am because it's pretty safe from that unless they shut down the grid for some reason. All of our wiring is underground and no major trees anywhere near where the trunk line goes into the ground. We lost power last time because of a beaver dam that caused a creek to overflow.

I'll test further and let you know, but everybody should have known that the final release of Windows 8 was going to cause some problems. Nuance has never claimed that DNS 12 was 100% compatible with Windows 8. We'll have to wait for them to update their information.

Chucker2012-10-29 07:53:10

If you installed Windows 8 Professional over top of the preview version, your Microsoft office will not get transferred, nor will any of your other applications. You may not even find them in the Windows.old. Microsoft has gone out of the way to avoid conflicts. What I found is that in most cases I had to reinstall anyway (most apps & drivers). Windows 8 will function fairly well on its own with its hardware support that’s built in, but some applications will not carry over at all. For example, I have the wireless keyboard & mouse that runs off the “Anywhere” USB dongle. However, if you run the “Anywhere” software it will not find your hardware. You have to download and reinstall the Setpoint software and then rerun the “Anywhere” option. The bottom line is that you can’t assume anything relative to Windows 8 Professional final release. If you think Windows 8 Professional should do certain things, think again. Microsoft has changed the ground rules and some of the things that may have been possible in the past when going to Windows 7, do not apply when going to Windows 8.Chucker:
I did lose all my programs. You would’ve thought Microsoft would’ve warned us about copying the purchase program over the promo! So far Windows 8 aggravates me in terms of how you get to things. Sadly, it appears it is more interested in social networking than productivity among old farts like me.
I did not reboot. Probably that’s the reason.
I will attempt to attach the VoiceComputer log. Of course I can’t find it and have searched like crazy. If I had the old Windows I could probably find on start menu!!
As always, thanks for all your help.
Jim
< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">< name=“tabId” value=“35”>

< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">< name=“tabId” value=“35”>Trionalaw2012-10-29 09:04:23