VoiceComputer 14.5 Update

Hello,

Is there a way to keep my custom intag/overlays as after the update they all appear to have disappeared?

Thanks Mark

Mark,

If you go to "Configure VoiceComputer" #9 Additional Configuration Options | #8 Import VoiceComputer's configuration files, and then (from the appropriate dialog) go to C:ProgramDataVoiceTeachVoiceComputer.bk #(i.e., your most current VoiceComputer backup file) and follow the prompts for opening such, VoiceComputer will import all of your previous configuration files, which includes your My InTags custom overlays.

Just keep in mind that you have to remember to wait until you get the OK dialog indicating that they have been successfully imported.

If you have any problems with this, let us know.

Chucker2015-12-15 14:47:48

Hi Chuck,

That’s worked a treat thank you very much.

When ran set up received the Error 1335 popup.

Searched the forum and found nothing.

A politically incorrect Merry Christmas,

Jim

This is a Windows Installation error.

Lots of things come up when you Google this.

for example:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-gaming/windows-installer-error-1335-cabinet-file-archive/b9a7368c-f232-4a53-b76f-ce2a2fd67182?auth=1

I would try the easiest things first:
1 Reboot your computer and unzip the installation file again.
2 delete the zipped file and unzipped directory
3 Download the file again, unzip it and try again.

Thanks Ron,

but I have no idea what you recommend… Can you be more specific?

Here is as far as I got and then became dazed and confused.

Happy holidays,

Jim

My screenshot program won’t uplaoad due to warning about virus. I just unzipped to where set up and everything else is. From there i am lost.

Jim,

There are two reasons, when installing any piece of software that you have downloaded from the Internet, that you get a

Windows error 1335 pop up:

</p><font face="Arial"><p> </p><p>1.  You have a problem with the Windows installer (file ending in *.msi).</p><p>

</p><p>2.  You have a corrupted install file.</p><p>

</p></font><p>Nevertheless, it's a Windows error not a VoiceComputer error. In your case, the probability is that when you download it and extracted the files, they either did not extract correctly or the zip file was corrupted.</p><p>

How you handle this (my recommendation) is to do the following:</p><font face="Arial"><p>1.  Delete all previous VoiceComputer zip files and the folder that contains the extracted files containing the Setup.exe.</p><p>2.  Create a folder wherever you want it, preferably on a secondary drive or an external drive, and name the folder VC14_5.</p><p>

3.  Go back to the link for the latest version of VoiceComputer and download the VoiceComputer<font face="Arial"> 14_5.zip file again and save it to that folder that you created per my recommendations. Always be careful that your downloading to a folder and not directly to the desktop because you can run into problems when extracting the files if they end up all over your desktop. Following my instructions specifically prevents you're having the files extracted to the point where you have to go and delete each individual file. In short, always extract the files to a folder, make sure you know where that folder is, and run the setup from the files containing the extracted install files.</font></p><font face="Arial">

<p>4. Make sure that the download is reliable and valid before extracting the files. </p><div>5. Make sure that you uninstall or delete any incomplete or previous installs so that you're starting fresh.

<font face="Arial"><p>6.  Rerun the setup from the newly extracted install folder.</p>

<p>7.  Make sure that the install proceeds correctly with no errors.</p>

<p>8.  Click on the Start menu | All Programs | Startup and open it. If the VC Microphone is in the Startup folder, delete it.</p>

<p>9.  I'm assuming that you have uninstalled the previous version before you perform any of the above. If not, make sure you do before installing the new update.</p>

<p>10.  Before you start VoiceComputer, note that the VC Microphone is not in the system tray. If you try to use the voice commands for opening the VoiceComputer Control Center, it won't work until you double-click on the VC Microphone icon on the desktop and let it reload. Once it does, you should be able to use it to open VoiceComputer by saying "VoiceComputer Control Center" twice. If not, let me know.</p>

<p>11.  Configure VoiceComputer including re-adding the VoiceComputer Microphone to the startup folder so that it will automatically start up on rebooting your system. Then configure VoiceComputer the way you want it using the "Configure VoiceComputer" command. Remember, you have to do a restart of VoiceComputer before any of the new changes will take effect. I assume, whether correctly or incorrectly, that you understand these procedures. So, I won't go into any more detail unless you have a problem.</p>

</font><p>Note that we have made some significant changes to the way that the VC Microphone works. You can now access the options in the VoiceComputer Control Center using the VC Microphone even if the Dragon microphone is turned off. Currently you must say these commands, such as "Restart Speech" twice in order to get them to execute.</p>

<p>This should be sufficient for the time being. However, keep in mind that whether or not you get a valid download from your Internet Service Provider is something that you need to verify. The above suggestions and procedures should help you. I use WinZip, which can check the zip file for internal errors. The normal Windows extractor does not have this capability. So, your kind of flying blind if you using Windows to extract your files.</p></div></font><p> </p><p> </p></font><div> </div><p> </p>

<edited><editID>Chucker</editID><editDate>2015-12-15 11:49:18</editDate></edited>

As usual, Chucker,

You saved the day. I am up and running with 14.5. Anxious to get used to it.

Thanks so much.

Happy holidays,

Jim

Ron, so far it looks like a a solid release.
I haven’t run into the problem I had before where certain intags would not respond to a “click” command

the Drag function on the custom overlays is also faster.

Phil Schaadt