Voice recognition deteriorating while using VC

Hello all,
When I “read text to improve accuracy” in DragonNS, performances/recognition is excellent.
However I have found that the more I use Voicecomputer, i.e. the more
Dragon hears me continuously saying numbers instead of words, Dragons’s normal speech
recognition performance and accuracy deteriorates.
As a result i have to “read text to improve accuracy” every 2 weeks else Dragon is unusable.
Does anyone else have
this issue?

My Spec:
Dragon Professional individual 14
Windows 10
16gb RAM
i7 Intel processor
Senheiser m3 mic
Buddy USB interface

Many Thanks

Soti,

<p>First, go to Windows 10 | Settings | System…</p>

<p>What version of Windows 10 are you using? If the About option at the bottom of the System dialog is showing anything other than version 1511 OS build 10586.63, you're not using the retail version. Simply put, you're using the Windows 10 Technical Preview, which in the last build revision (update) will totally screw up your system, especially as related to Dragon.</p>

<p>Second, there is absolutely no cause-and-effect relationship between VoiceComputer and Dragon in terms of accuracy. Accuracy is purely a Dragon issue.</p>

<p>Did you install DPI 14 and VoiceComputer 14.5.03 clean on Windows 10? If you upgraded from a previous version of Windows (7-8.1) without first uninstalling DPI 14, the upgrade process tends to corrupt DPI 14. Basically, that's a no-no. What you might need to do is to go to the Windows Control Panel | Programs and Features | Dragon 14.0 and click on Change at the top of the page. The Dragon InstallShield wizard will be displayed with the options to Modify, Repair or Remove. Click the radio button for Repair making sure that Dragon and VoiceComputer are not loaded. Let it run to completion, and then reopen DPI 14 and test it.</p>

<p>Third, did you create a brand-new profile in DPI 14, or did you upgrade your previous Dragon version user profile [convert it]? Using an upgraded/converted user profile from a previous version of Dragon is only useful for the purpose of exporting your custom vocabulary and/or custom commands. Using or continuing to use a previous version user profile that was upgraded to DPI 14 is not recommended and can often bring with it problems associated with the previous version user profile. It is always best to create a new user profile, but upgrade the previous version user profile for the purposes stated above.</p>

<p>Fourth, if you run General Training more than once in DPI 14 in order to improve your accuracy, you're making a big mistake. Running the General Training more than once does not improve accuracy. In fact, it tends to degrade it. You shouldn't have to run General Training at all in DPI 14 unless you have an accent (i.e., Indian, UK, Australian, etc.). Your system configuration seems to be fine and the ME3 is a good noise canceling microphone optimal for use with Dragon. You say in your post that you using a Buddy USB interface. What model (i.e. Buddy USB 6G, Buddy USB 7G, Buddy USB 5G)? If you're using the Buddy USB 7G that is very likely the source of your accuracy issues. The Buddy USB 7G is unreliable and can cause accuracy issues. Some Buddy USB 7G's work fine. Others produce excessive heat, which causes that particular USB SoundPod to degenerate in terms of accuracy. Take my word for it, been there done that. We prefer the Andréa PureAudio USB SA USB SoundPod, both for performance and accuracy.</p>

<p>Regardless, if your accuracy is degrading over time, this is, again, a purely Dragon issue. Consider the following when trying to determine cause-and-effect relationships.</p>
<p>Logic 101: Post Hoc fallacy - The logical fallacy of believing that temporal succession implies a causal relation.</p>

<p>I'm using DPI 14 on both Windows 7 and Windows 10 retail version 1511, OS build 10586.63 (64 bit versions). I'm also running it on Windows 7 with a Core™ i7 6700K, 32 GB of DDR4 RAM (Skylake) and the Core™ i7 4770K with 32 GB of DDR3 RAM (Haswell) and I have never experienced any issues relative to VoiceComputer with Dragon (DPI 14) in terms of accuracy. In fact, your particular issues are the exception rather than the rule. I used the SpeechWare 6-in-1 desktop microphone with my Windows 7 system and the SpeechMatic USB MultiAdapter & USB TravelMike. I also use the Samson Airline 77 Wireless Microphone on the Toshiba laptop Core™ i7 2670 with 8 GB of DDR3 RAM (Sandy Bridge) using DMPE 2.2 and the Andréa PureAudio USB SA. I've never had any issues with regard to Dragon's accuracy on any of these systems ever.</p>

<p>If you need any further assistance, please let us know. Also, the more detailed information you can provide me with will go a long way towards helping you deal with this issue. Nonetheless, your problems with accuracy are not caused by or related to VoiceComputer in any way.</p>
<p ="Msonormal">Hello Chuck,</p>

<p ="Msonormal">Thanks for your suggestions and help. I’m currently going to
try out the Andrea USB pure audio sound pod instead. Will let you know if I’m
still having any issues.<span style="font-size:11.0pt;line-height:107%;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;  mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font:  minor-latin;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";  mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;mso-ansi-:EN-GB;mso-fareast-:  EN-US;mso-bidi-:AR-SA"></span></p>