voice power 11 feedback

I think the new menu system is a big improvement.

Under Global Commands – Utility Commands For Windows, only the following commands work:

"open control panel"
"open task manager"

Charles Devonshire

Charles,

First, thank you for the feedback. Greatly appreciated.

Second, even with both Ron and I going through the current release (VP 11.2) there are so many things to look at that it is easy to miss some things, or take them for granted. Your pointing these issues out is very helpful. However, let me add a couple of comments on these commands.

1. One of the things that we need to do is to distinguish between those commands that work in Windows XP and those that work in Windows Vista/Windows 7. For example, the following commands only work in Windows XP:

Add a printer
Add or Remove Programs
Add or Remove Windows Components
Open Printers Folder
Open System Properties
Open Volume Control (with the commands listed underneath)
Print a Test Page
Show Appearance
Showed Display Settings
Show Themes
Show Wall Paper

2. We are going to remove the "Change Volume to <0-100> and use only the Set Volume to <0-100> in the next release. For the time being, only use the "Set Volume to <0-100>. Also, this particular command should work fine in Windows XP and Windows Vista/Windows 7. At least it does for us. However, there are a couple of caveats (problems). Setting the volume from 0 to 50 seems to work fine. Setting the volume from 50 to 100 works fine for 50, 60, 70, 80, and 100. Some of the numbers in between work and some do not. For example, Set volume 79 or Set volume to 79 works, but Set volume to 75 and some other numbers don’t work. For the time being, you’ll just have to play with these to see which ones work and which ones don’t. If you do, and you make a list and share it with us, along with our testing, we will try to fix these.

3. Mute Volume should work in all versions of Windows, as should “Lock Workstation”.

If you are having a problem with any of the commands that should work in Windows 7 as noted above, please let us know. After looking at your post, I tried all the ones that should work, and they do work for me in Windows 7 64-bit and Windows 7 32-bit. The Windows XP commands all work in Windows XP using DNS 11 and DNS 10.

Again, thank you for your feedback.