Voice Computer won't start (custom mouse commands

Voice Computer won’t start. It gives the error message that it can’t find custom mouse commands 1. I looked in the custom directory that it specified in the file wasn’t there. I checked the box to let me see hidden files and it still wasn’t there. To my knowledge I’ve never created custom mouse commands. Any ideas?

It gives the error message that it can’t find custom mouse commands

I can’t say I’ve ever seen this message. I’d guess that the “C:ProgramDataVoiceTeachVoiceComputer” directory got corrupted.

I suggest that you rename
"C:ProgramDataVoiceTeachVoiceComputer" to
C:ProgramDataVoiceTeachVoiceComputer.bk1” where ‘1’ is a number that’s one larger than any other bk.

Or you could reboot your computer and then run ConfigVC.exe in the
C:Program Files (x86)VoiceTeachVoiceComputerscripts

directory.

I tried your first suggestion and it didn't work. For the second option, I wasn't able to find configVC.exe.
I also realized that the file that voice computer couldn't load is named "mouse1", not "custom mouse commands".
Another option is to say, "configure VoiceComputer"

and then "Enable | Disable VoiceComputer Commands"

Uncheck the "Mouse commands" box if it's checked and then click "OK"

Then say, "Restart VoiceComputer"

and then "Restart Speech"

VoiceComputer should configure itself and remove the mouse commands from its configuration.

If this doesn't work then go back to Plan B and run ConfigVC.exe
it can be in
C:Program Files (x86)VoiceTeachVoiceComputerscripts

or

C:Program FilesVoiceTeachVoiceComputerscripts

Running the VCconfig.exe did the trick. Thank you!

The same problem has happened again, except this time when I run VC config it says that it can't rename the voice computer directory, so I have to reboot my computer and run VC config again. When I do this it just asked me to reboot my computer again and run VC config.

I can't see how it's possible for me to try your first suggested solution in your last post, because I can't open voice computer because the whole problem is that I can't open voice computer.
>I have to reboot my computer and run VC config again. When I do this it just asked me to
> reboot my computer again and run VC config.

My guess is that there's a permissions problem with the "C:ProgramDataVoiceTeach" or maybe the "C:ProgramDataVoiceTeachVoiceComputer" directory on your computer.
Right click on the "C:ProgramDataVoiceTeach" directory and select Properties > Security.

Then Select "System" and "Administrators". All the "Allow" Permissions should be checked. Full Control, etc.

Then Select "Users". Full Control Shouldn't be checked but Read & Excecute, List folder contents, Read, should be checked.

Also check the permissions for the "C:ProgramDataVoiceTeachVoiceComputer" directory.

This directory should also have everything checked for "Everyone".

Let us know. (You can also get more help by Googling changing directory permissions or some such.

If you change the permissions, run VC Config again. (reboot if necessary)

If this doesn't work can you

Rename or Delete the "C:ProgramDataVoiceTeachVoiceComputer" directory?

Rename or Delete the "C:ProgramDataVoiceTeach" directory?

If you can't do any of these things, then you need a tech to log into your computer and straighten this out.

The permissions are set as you described for the voice teach folder. For the voice computer folder I was not able to grant full permissions. I tried quite a few guides for this and none of them worked. I was able to rename the folders, but that didn't help.
Is it worth re-downloading the file to install voice computer, uninstall the current version, and reinstall it? I already tried repairing the program in the control panel.

I was not able to grant full permissions

To confirm, you weren’t able to grant full permissions to Everyone for the
C:ProgramDataVoiceTeachVoiceComputer directory?

>I was able to rename the folders, but that didn’t help.

Please explain this a little bit more.

You were able to rename
C:ProgramDataVoiceTeach directory?
or the
C:ProgramDataVoiceTeachVoiceComputer directory?

And, then run VoiceComputer and had the same problem?

> install voice computer,

It won’t help unless we figure out what are the permission problems you’re having.

Yes, I was not able to grant full permissions to everyone.
I was able to rename both. I tried renaming them "voice teach1" and "voice computer1" respectively. Then I tried running VCconfig, but I had the same problem.
> I was able to rename both. I tried renaming them "voice teach1" and "voice computer1" respectively.
> Then I tried running VCconfig, but I had the same problem.

To confirm, when you run VCconfig, it says that you can't rename the voicecomputer directory?

If it gives this message, then the voiceteach or voicecomputer directories didn't get renamed.

The directories aren't being renamed. because you have a file or subdirectory open or there's a permissions problem. Email me and we'll set up a time for tech support.

Alright, it started working again. I had adjusted the permissions, but I hadn’t disabled inheritance of permissions, and doing that did the trick. Thanks for your help!