VC starts up random program at same time

Hi Ron,

<p ="Msonormal">Whenever
I start up Voicecomputer, another program starts up at the same time. Whenever
I’d start Voicecomputer, a program called Active Presenter would also start-up.
This went on for a couple of months. Now whenever I start up Voicecomputer,
instead of Active Presenter starting, now Audacity starts at the same time? Strange
behaviour.<o:p></o:p></p>

<p ="Msonormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p ="Msonormal">The
similarity between these programs is that they both start with the letter “A”.
I’ve tested the situation by not using Voicecomputer and only starting Dragon
naturally speaking itself and this problem does not occur. Any ideas why this
could be happening?<o:p></o:p></p>

<span style="font-size:10.5pt;line-height:130%;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;  mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";  mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";  mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;mso-ansi-:EN-GB;mso-fareast-:  EN-GB;mso-bidi-:AR-SA">Thanks</span>

Very strange. Haven’t seen this. Would say it’s impossible.

When you click on the VoiceComputer icon, you’re clicking on a link that starts a utility that opens and closes VP.exe (the VoiceComputer executable) and Dragon. VP.exe is located in the C:Program Files (x86)VoiceTeachVoiceComputer

So, as a workaround, you could create a shortcut to VP.exe on your desktop and then open Dragon and then click on the shortcut to open the VoiceComputer program.

What are the executable names of Audacity and Active Presenter?

Hi Ron,
So when I do your workaround, no probs, no additional program pops up!
Weird indeed.

The executable name of the programs are :

audacity.exe

<p ="Msonormal"><span style="mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"">ActivePresenter.exe<o:p></o:p></span></p><p ="Msonormal"><span style="mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"">Best</span></p><span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"></span></div>

I’m quite sure this has something to do with your computer but within a week I’ll send you a startup file that will help us locate when the audacity.exe or ActivePresenter.exe files get started so we can figure out what’s going on.

Hi Ron,

<p ="msonormal"="" style="mso-pagination:widow-orphan;mso-hyphenate:auto">I’m
really happy with the 2018 update, especially being able to choose what happens
when the system loses focus regarding numbering etc, great!<o:p></o:p></p>

<p ="msonormal"="" style="mso-pagination:widow-orphan;mso-hyphenate:auto"><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p ="msonormal"="" style="mso-pagination:widow-orphan;mso-hyphenate:auto">However,
I’ve been getting the same issue I had last summer when random programs autostart
after Voicecomputer has been launched. This issue seemed to be unique to my
computer and I hoped it would go away with the latest update but it has not. I
finally figured out what is happening!<o:p></o:p></p>

<p ="msonormal"="" style="mso-pagination:widow-orphan;mso-hyphenate:auto"><o:p> </o:p></p>

<p ="msonormal"="" style="mso-pagination:widow-orphan;mso-hyphenate:auto">Whenever
I launch Voicecomputer, after the program has finished loading, for some weird
reason my mouse pointer automatically jumps to location 0 at 19 on monitor 1. Since
I use one click launching on my desktop, this behaviour automatically clicks
whichever shortcut is at that location. Last time we chatted about this issue it
just happened to be shortcuts for Audacity or Active Presenter that were at
that location but lately, it’s been another program. <o:p></o:p></p>

<p ="msonormal"="" style="mso-pagination:widow-orphan;mso-hyphenate:auto">Anyone
else getting this problem, or just because I’m using 2 monitors? <o:p></o:p></p>

<p ="msonormal"="" style="mso-pagination:widow-orphan;mso-hyphenate:auto">Thanks
<o:p></o:p></p>

<p ="msonormal"="" style="mso-pagination:widow-orphan;mso-hyphenate:auto">Soti<br clear="all" style="mso-special-character:line-break;page-break-before:always">
<o:p></o:p></p>

<p ="msonormal"="" style="mso-pagination:widow-orphan;mso-hyphenate:auto"><br></p>
<edited><editID>thetrad9</editID><editDate>2019-01-22 05:09:17</editDate></edited>

for some weird reason my mouse pointer automatically jumps to location 0 at 19 on monitor 1.

Yes, it did. Long explanation.

I fixed this problem for the next release.

We’re planning to release a significant update to VC2019 early next week.