To solve this problem, I have tried the following:
1. After dictating “Configure microphone”, I selected “Yes”. An error dialogue appeared (see screenshot).
I assume it means that the previous request was still active. However, VC Microphone still did not open on logon.
Do you have Admin rights? (The error could be caused by a lack of Admin rights. I messed up. The config mic utility doesn't generate a log file. I'll compile another version that will create a log to help us find out what's going on.)
2. After dictating "Configure microphone", I selected "No". This should delete the request. I have no way of knowing whether this happened because, of course, VC Microphone was not supposed to open at logon.
3. After dictating "Configure microphone", I again selected "Yes". This did not work. VC Microphone still does not start at logon.
2. if you didn't receive an error message, then it should've deleted the task.
3. And, if you didn't receive an error message, then it should've recreated the task. I'll try to create a confirmation that the task was created.
In the meanwhile, open Windows Task Scheduler and look for the RestartVCMic task in the library.
If it's not working, delete it and then try to recreate it.