VC mic -- microphone on

Can I change the mic-on trigger to a shorter number series like 1 2 3 4 5?

Does the trigger have to be numbers?

I’d prefer “bibbity-bobbity-boop”

You can use whatever you want as the trigger phrase.

The file that you would change is located in (if you are changing the settings manually):
C:\Users<your username>\AppData\Roaming\VoiceTeach\Microphone.
it is in the “commands.json” file.

Changing this information through the configuration options are well documented already.

I personally use “microphone 123”. It seems that having numbers in the phrase is superior to regular words alone. The bottom line, we are trying to reduce the number of false positives. They can become annoying. The phrase “1 2 3 4 5 6 7” virtually eliminated all false positives in many hours of testing.

You can use the configuration menu options to adjust your settings. On the other hand, if you are confident in working with files manually you can do the following:

Another key – look at the microphonelog.txt file in the same folder. It will give you a clue of what you are currently achieving as your regular confidence levels for the phrases that you’re using. You want the “secondary” number to be just a little bit under the average that you see in the log file, or in the configuration options.

Remember that when you change the phrase manually, you need to close the currently running microphone program, and restart it.

I apologize for some confusion – the premise of my previous reply is correct, except that you only have the option to manually update the configuration file to alter the trigger words.