VB error

Hi,

Does VC run on VB? I have a feeling that something happened to VC. I can still use it, but I no longer can dictate: start voicecomputer. Also, I’m getting an error message: scripting runtime or syntax error…this system cannot find the file specified.
How can I fix this? Everything was working fine this morning…
Reed

No, we don’t use VB.

You sent me a screenshot of the error message.

It doesn’t look like any VC error message I’ve ever seen. (What version of VC are you using.)

Please email me the Dragon log (Start Menu > all Programs > Dragon (or Dragon NaturallySpeaking xx) > Show Dragon Log

and the VoiceComputer log.txt file located in C:ProgramDataVoiceTeachVoiceComputer

Bottom line, you’ll probably have to
do a repair install of Dragon and/or an uninstall /reinstall of VoiceComputer.

> Everything was working fine this morning…

Well, someday cars will warn you that they’re going to get a flat tire in 10 minutes or the transmission is going to break down in 10 miles.

And Windows will warn you that it will only boot one more time before it dies…

Reed,

Did you get it working? If not, maybe we could log into your computer and figure out what’s going on.

Ron,

Thanks for following up on my problem. I think it was general computer malaise because there were other issues. I finally restored Windows to the day I bought my computer. That fixed everything and VC (and other stuff) works.
Reed

Reed,

The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Thanks for letting us know.