v13 Release Notes State That It's v12.95

The release notes for v13 read as follows:

<p ="Msonormal"><span style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; line-height: 1.4;">VoiceComputer </span><b style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; line-height: 1.4;">12.95</b><span style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; line-height: 1.4;"> Release
Notes</span></p><p ="Msonormal"><span style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; line-height: 1.4;">1) </span><b style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; line-height: 1.4;">This is a beta release</b><span style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; line-height: 1.4;"> for
VoiceComputer 13 but this release will work with Dragon 10, 11 and 12. We have
a new page web that we’ll be updating to document our comments about Dragon 13.
To view the page, say, “Show Dragon 13 Notes.”</span></p>

I see that VoiceComputer 13 is available for purchase now, is that the version you are talking about, or did you download a beta version from a link you had when you purchased version 12?

As I have seen no announcement on this website that version 13 is available to purchase then I assume that the final version is not yet available.

Viv

k00651262014-08-06 05:32:15

Sorry, that was just feedback for Ron. I probably should’ve just emailed VoiceTeach directly.

Roger,

Thank you for the heads up. I’ll bring it to Ron’s attention and we’ll make the appropriate changes.

Just FYI to all.

VoiceComputer 13 is now available (actually 13.02) for purchase on our store.

It still has the release notes from the beta, 12.95.

Will make a complete announcement later today…

Ron,

I just purchased the business/government upgrade. It seems like Christmas in August!

Keep up the good work. Keeping Chucker busy keeps him from spending the day watching Beavis and Butthead reruns.Several of my friends believe the latter is based on me. Great!

Ciao,

Your favorite Sicilian attorney

hello Ron,

Just downloaded the new release. When I went to the control panel to uninstall the previous version it would not install. I got this pop-up: "error opening installation log file. Verify long file location exists and is writable."

Any thoughts?

Jim
I am looking forward to using the new version, and I'm grateful that it has been published so quickly.

The 'Getting Started' chm file refers to Dragon 12 and Windows XP.
The 'Read me 1st' pdf file refers to VoiceComputer 12.
There is a PDF document entitled 'VoiceComputer installation guide v12.5'.
The 'VoiceComputer Quick Install Procedures' PDF refers to Windows XP.
The 'VoiceComputer_Release_Notes' RTF file refers to VoiceComputer 12.95, as does the InstallShield when installing VC 13.
The 'VoiceComputer_Tour' chm file, and possibly other documents, suggests using BestMatch IV.

I was also surprised that I was not able to enter the new activation key as the key was retrieved from the previous installation, although I guess that this does not matter.

Viv
k00651262014-08-08 12:39:33

Viv,

>I am looking forward to using the new version, and I’m grateful that it has been
> published so quickly

VoiceComputer 13 is a major upgrade and our testing showed it to be a solid release. But it’s going to take a few weeks to revise all the documentation.

We’ll be releasing an update at least every couple of weeks for a while. In one of these releases, we’ll be using a new set of serial numbers for VC13 and your old serial number will no longer work.

Jim, your Windows installation log file was corrupted.

Do a Google search and you'll find several programs that'll uninstall despite this problem.
You can download a free trial version of an uninstaller and then uninstall the uninstaller.

RonK2014-08-08 13:40:43

thank you, Bron:

I am up and running with version 13.02.

Have a great weekend.

Jim