Two questions

I have 3 questions.

Is there a manual, “close” button like there used to be in the taskbar? Right now, I see the control center button, but that appears to just do a restart.

Is there documentation for the, “save Max” command?

Finally, is there a way to tag folders within folders? In other words, when I hit show my documents, I see the numbers next to the outermost folder. But, what if I wanted to tag the next level folder?

Gary,

What do you mean by "control center button"? The VoiceComputer Control Center gives you any and all of the options you need. If you are referring to the icon for VoiceComputer in the system tray (systray), we removed that long ago because all it did was close the VoiceComputer help. Then again, I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to. Please be clearer.

As far as the "save Max" command, I have to refer to Ron on that because it's new and I'm not sure that there is yet any documentation on it. I've already asked him about that and I will edit this post if he gets back to me.

Lastly, are you using the old "show my documents" (i.e., have you checked that option in the Enable | Disable VoiceComputer commands? That gives you a list of your documents with the numbers on the left side. You can drill down through all your folders using that version of "show my documents". Nevertheless, I need to understand whether you're using our new form or the older form.

Chucker,

I was referring to the VC icon in the system tray.There used to be a close VC button there. How would I close VC if let’s say I dont have DNS open but I do have voice Computer still on. Is there a nonvoice way of closing the program?

I am not sure if I understand your instruction concerning finding nested folders. It is checked in the voice computer configuration screen. If you wanted to tag a folder that was inside of a folder in my documents, what command would you issue? If I say,show my documents, I see all of my folders with the proper number to their left. But, what if I wanted to tag a folder within one of those folders? How do I get to that folder and will I see the numbers next to that folder list?

Chucker,

Never mind on the shutdown question. I now see that “shutdown speech” is present when I right click on the taskbar icon.
Thanks.
Gary,

The file save max command currently works in applications where the standard Alt+f a shortcut applies for saving, and the dialog window that follows is called Save As (In applications like Notepad, Paint etc), which then will be maximized with this command. It is great that this can be accomplished with VoiceComputer because it cannot be done with any standard shortcut in Windows itself (only with the mouse) nor can it be accomplished with a Dragon script as far as I know.

I asked Ron if it was possible to create a more universal command for this, which applies to any application and also for other dialogues like Export, Open, Import media, Render As etc.
With Ron's help I now have this command fully functioning for any possible, above mentioned, window in any of my applications.
Ron told me it will be available in the next VoiceComputer Update.

Rob

Gary,

Rob wrote a global ‘file explorer max’ command which can work with any application and also for other dialogues like Export, Open, Import media, Render As etc.

The interesting thing about this command is that you can use multiple activate title statements for many different applications in the same command and the program will only activate and maximize the Window title that matches and ignore all other activate title commands.

I’ll be including it in the next release but here’s the script.

"

"

"

"

"

"

"

"

"

<br style="color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-ser
And here is how you integrate the file explorer max command into a dragon DVC command:
In this case I want to save a document in Libre Office (where the Save As shortcut is Ctrl+Shift+s)

Save As

SendSystemKeys "{Ctrl+Shift+s}"
Wait 500
HeardWord "file","explorer","max"
Wait 500
HeardWord "show","numbers"

Thanks Ron and Rob. However, it’s a little over my head. I will definitely wait until it’s programmed into the next version. In the meantime, can I assume that the tag command only works for the immediate files we see when I say, “open my documents”?

Sorry, I meant “show my documents”

Gary,

If you have checked the checkbox in "Enable | Disable VoiceComputer commands", you can find the information on how to work with "show my documents…" by saying "show list help". Review the items in that help document (VoiceComputer). If you are used to using it, that should refresh your memory.

However, if you want to get to subfolders underneath the main folder simply say "list #", where #= the number at the left the entries in the show my documents listing.

However, if there is nothing to list, then VoiceComputer will prompt you. Nevertheless, the "show list help" help page will give you all the information that you need.

As to your question, can you drill down through folders? Absolutely. Keep in mind that there are variations on the theme. That is, show my documents only shows what's in your "my documents" folder. If you want to go to a different drive, then you should say "list" followed by the number of the drive that you want to open. It takes a little bit of getting used to if you haven't use this approach before. However, this is the only place that you can "bookmark and tag" documents etc. if you uncheck the checkbox for "show my documents…", That will then search for anything using a standard Windows Explorer | File Explorer window which is easy to work with using InTags. It's just a matter of experimenting with what you want to do and how you want to accomplish it.

Chucker2017-02-20 20:31:53

Chucker,

Your email is a keeper. I am printing it out. I had forgotten about those list commands. They are gems. I am going to play with both options. I can’t believe how good voice computer has become. Congratulations to everyone that has worked on it.