Trouble getting commands to work

I’m a new VoiceComputer user. I’m having trouble getting many of the commands to work. For example, I can get general intag commands to work, such as just saying the number or saying “double” then the number. But other commands don’t work at all. These include things like “task 4 right”, which seems to minimize the window, and then possibly move a different window. I’ve tried it many times and I can’t get it to work even once.

Similarly issuing quite a few commands does nothing at all, or just causes VoiceComputer to crash. For example issuing by voice the command “show intag lesson” reliably causes VoiceComputer to crash. Similarly, attempting to interact with the system tray icon usually brings up the little contextual menu, but clicking on the options either does nothing or causes the program to crash. Once I have started VoiceComputer, I can’t access its menu at all–attempting to do so crashes it.

Any help you can provide would be very welcome.

A dll file is to blame for your crashing.

Before you open VoiceComputer, go to your C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceTeach\VoiceComputer directory and search for mslso.dll.
If you find it, go to properties, write down the version number of the mslso file, and then delete it.
Let us know if everything works and send us the version number of the mslso file and the version of Windows that you’re using.
We’ve been releasing VoiceComputer with no mslso file and with version 11.0.22000.556. But, some releases picked up other versions of mslso.dll that crash VoiceComputer and I apologize for this.

Let us know if you continue to have problems with commands…

Hi Ron,

Thanks very much for your help. That definitely improved things. I had a different version of the DLL file than the one you recommended and deleting it made things work much better. I can now interact with VoiceComputer menus correctly.

The commands to reposition windows still don’t work properly. If I say “Task 16 right”, what typically happens is that window 16 is minimized, and then either nothing happens, or some other window is moved to the right side of the screen. I can actually see VoiceComputer’s little red dot on the minimize icon in the window while this command is running. It seems like somehow it’s misinterpreting the command to include a minimization instruction.