Trouble creating custom overlay

Hello,

I recently upgraded to the new voice computer largely because of the video done by Rob, the gentleman who uses the custom overlays with the music production software Cubase every day.

Need to make overlays for the new software program that I use, Propellerhead Reason, because I also suffer from extreme back pain.,

Can someone please help me make the overlays for reason?

Thank you,

Jason

We’ll be glad to help but let’s take this one step at a time.

Review the “Show Overlay Lesson”, view the demo and try to create a simple overlay for any application.

Let us know if you have any problems!

Hello Jason,

The way I've done it in Cubase will probably be similar to how you can create overlays in Reason.
I haven't used Reason before, but I see it has different windows for Synths/FX and tracks. So you will have to create several overlays (for any specific active window)

Here's a very short 'crash course'

Let's start with the Track window (or any other window you consider the main one). First say: "create overlay" Now place your mouse cursor on the control, track, button, menu etc you want to tag. Say: "create tag".
The first (yellow) tag with the number 1 will be created. Repeat that procedure until you've created clickable points for all elements you want to control by voice.
From thereon it is just a matter of saying the number and it will be clicked on (or right clicked or dragged).

Now open the Synth/FX window (or any other window you would consider the second important).
Again say: "create overlay" and a second overlay will the created (the first one will be closed - but saved - automatically.
You can identify this second overlay by its name in the bottom right corner (2/2). Now again tag anything you want to control by voice.

There's probably a third window you would like to voice enable, then simply repeat the procedure.

Now you have created three different overlays. The basic commands to call them up are: "show overlay", "show overlay 2" and "show overlay 3"

Now the next step is to link a specific overlay to a specific Reason section or window with a custom Dragon voice command. Preferably use DVC scripting because Advanced Scripting may be too slow for quick control of DAWs. Mind you the wait times I'm using here are in milliseconds (not seconds like in Advanced Scripting command, so mind the difference!). If you don't have an empty DVC file then simply open one of the mousegrid commands in your Command Browser and create a new one of that.

Here's an example of how I call up the Mixer section in Cubase with its designated overlay.

Mixer

SendKeys "{F3}" 'this is the standard Cubase keyboard shortcut to open the mixer
Wait 500
HeardWord "show","overlay","2" 'this is the second overlay I created to control all strips in the mixer

Now let's say I want to close the mixer to get back to the main screen, while automatically calling up the designated (first) overlay.

Main

SendKeys "{F3}" 'closing the mixer has the very same keyboard shortcut
Wait 500
HeardWord "show","overlay" 'will show the first (main) overlay, overlay 2 will automatically be closed.

This should get you started.

Rob
Speech19652018-01-11 14:05:38