Support for Onenote

Hello,
Are there any plans for voicecomputer to support Onenote commands?

I’d like to create some xml custom commands for Onenote, problem is that there is no onenote file in voicecomputers installation “Custom files” folder and am not allowed to create one. How can we fix this?
Thanks

Soti,

First, so few users use Microsoft OneNote (i.e., one in a thousand) it doesn't make sense for us to support OneNote.

Second, Dragon does not support OneNote (i.e., Full Text Control (Select-and-Say)).

Third, InTags and My InTags give you as much support for OneNote as you're going to get, Or that you'll ever need.

Therefore, it is unlikely that We're going to provide any additional support for OneNote.

<edited><editID>Chucker</editID><editDate>2016-04-30 11:14:26</editDate></edited>

There is no reason that you can’t create your own OneNote commands.

Create a new xml file and begin it with:

<?xml version = "1.0" encoding = "utf-8"?>

Make certain to backup your XML files!

Just let me know if you have any questions and I’ll be glad to give you support through this user forum.

Hello Ron,

I’ve got a few custom commands working like this one:
<span =“Apple-tab-span” style=“white-space:pre”>

However i cant get these working ? they’re commands for “Text highlight colour”, “bullets” & “numbering”
<span =“Apple-tab-span” style=“white-space:pre”> <span =“Apple-tab-span” style=“white-space:pre”>

<span =“Apple-tab-span” style=“white-space:pre”> <span =“Apple-tab-span” style=“white-space:pre”>

When i issue these commands, instead of the shortcut triggering, I just get the spoken text spelled out in Onenote.
Thanks for your help !
I think you have two issues:
1) it's not recognizing the commands because you might be using the incorrect
specification.
Your Bold that command seems to work because it's a global Dragon command.

Please email me your xml file.

2. You're using the wrong syntax,
We're using .Net Framework sendkeys for our vp-script commands
Use ^ for ctrl, % for alt, + for shift;
see
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.forms.sendkeys(v=vs.110).aspx

(our legacy script commands use ctrl+, alt+, etc.
We created legacy script commands to easily translate our old Dragon commands to VC commands)
two examples:

Hello Ron,
I haven’t be able to get these to work. I’m using the Dragon ‘add new command’ functions instead.
Thanks

For applications, I’d recommend that you use Dragon command browser instead of VoiceComputer commands.

VoiceComputer commands are designed to let you customize Intag commands, etc.

Hello Ron,
I know ‘Full text support’ isn’t available through Onenote but do you have any idea why I can no longer
do basic dictation in Onenote ?

Up until a couple of weeks ago, I was able to do this fine but not any more ? Have no idea why it suddenly stopped. I’ve tried to use the Dragon ‘dictation box’ but that doesnt work either.

Thanks

Soti,

Typically and by default you shouldn’t be able to dictate directly into OneNote without using the Dictation Box or copying and pasting from another app.

First, this is a Dragon issue anyway.

Second, this could caused by a number of reasons:

1. Windows updates to OneNote or changing versions of OneNote (Microsoft Office). I found this to happen occasionally (i.e., being allowed to dictate directly into OneNote) in OneNote 2007/2010/2013, but OneNote 2016 does not allow it at all).
2. Changing versions of Windows.
3. Carryover from a previous version of Dragon where you were able to dictate directly into OneNote, which simply allows you to continue doing so until OneNote gets updated or something else occurs that results in the default setting taking control.
4. By default, OneNote does not allow direct dictation normally in DNS 13 and DPI 14. Likelihood is that it just caught up with you. There’s nothing you can do about it because once it stops functioning, you can’t bring it back. OneNote is the least functional Microsoft Office application Re: Dragon. It’s almost as bad as Mozilla Thunderbird.
<edited><editID>Chucker</editID><editDate>2016-06-07 06:04:55</editDate></edited>

Thanks Chuck