Super numbers F8 conflict

Hi all,
There is a program that I would love to use super numbers for. However, that program already has has a hardwired functionality for the F8 key. I have tried to find a way to add new click points in an overlay for that program, but I just get stuck. I’m still in a learning curve, so I might have missed something obvious.

Anyone got suggestions for me? Would be much appreciated.

Jan,

What is the behavior of F8 in that application. Is there a difference between pressing the F8 key and saying “press F8” or “press F8 key”.

Problem is that any function key between 1 and 10 and even, in some cases, F11 and F12, can cause a conflict if such keys are assigned to applications. To a certain extent it’s a lose lose situation. What we have to try to figure out is where the least number of potential conflicts are.Chucker2013-12-03 10:13:30

Unfortunately, it doesn’t make any difference for my application whether I press the F8 key by voice or by hand. It just opens one of its dialogues.

Equally unfortunately, neither the application I need to use, nor VoiceComputer allow for changing the keyboard mapping, so that means that I am well and truly stuck. Which is a pity really, since it is my invoicing program and I use it quite a lot and the super numbers feature would be exactly what is needed to make this application accessible by voice.

Finding keyboard shortcuts that work for everyone is impossible, I realised that, but perhaps something like win+F8 would have stood a better chance of not conflicting with existing software.

Jan,

We will keep looking at this, but we’ve already tried a number of combinations that don’t work. It would be nice if the Windows key plus another key would work, but at this point the only combination that seems to work are the standard function keys.

Ah, I see. Hadn’t realised your choices would be so limited.

Would a voice command be able to feed directly into the program without needing a keystroke simulation?

We’re releasing a new version later today.

<div><br></div><div>It changes the 'hot' keys for Super Numbers to F13 and F14.</div><div><br></div><div>You can create points by saying Function 13, delete them by saying Function 14.</div><div><br></div><div>You can also create points by using our mouse commands.  Insert 43 at 24 creates a point at that location, Delete 43 at 24 deletes the point at that location.</div><div><br></div><div>But, you won't be able to use the keyboard equivalents for F13 and F14 (Shift+F1 and Shift+F2). They don't seem to work. </div><div><br></div><div>Also, changed other commands for Super Numbers and Show Numbers. More on this later.</div>