smart quotes

I am slowly working my way through the new version. I think this problem was also present on the previous version. When I give the commands for smart quotes, there is after the previous word for the open smart quote and after the previous word when I give the close smart quote command.

I thought you should know. Perhaps I am doing something wrong but I thought I made a mistake once but was wrong! I probably am.

Jim

Jim,

If you go back and review your previous post on this, these commands only work in Microsoft Word. They don’t work anywhere else. I just try them out and they work fine in Microsoft Word 2010 and Microsoft Word 2007.

Thank you, Chucker:

I was using Word. However, I will go back and check again. here is what I keep getting:

<span =“Apple-tab-span” style=“white-space:pre”> Giving a class lecture is considered smart “didactic
teaching”

I give the command the same way: “smart open quote” and “smart open quote"

While I question myself at times, I never questioned you. Since you leave neat quotes with your posts, I am going to make one up about you:

<span =“apple-tab-span”=”” style=“white-space:pre”> "To be exalted, means to be bothered by others."

Much appreciated,

Jim

Trionalaw2011-06-09 07:31:56