I have tried
1- Close VoiceComputer from system tray
2- Used shutdown VoiceComputer
3- shutdown speech
Nothing works.
Any idea

Sepy2013-04-19 09:24:10
Everything you did should work, but try one more thing:

Say, "Open VoiceComputer" (or double click on the VoiceComputer icon on your desktop)

This should bring up a menu to Shutdown or restart speech.

Let me know!

Sepy,

As Ron points out, everything that you get it should work. However, I recommend using the voice command “Open VoiceComputer” and selecting the option you want from there.

In addition, unless you want to Shutdown VoiceComputer and leave Dragon open, I generally don’t recommend shutting down VoiceComputer by itself. The reason is that there are times when you reopen it using the VoiceComputer utility, VoiceComputer may not initialize immediately. That is, you may have to wait for a minute or two for VoiceComputer to relink to Dragon. In general, it is better to “Shutdown Speech” or “Restart Speech”. If you need to reopen Dragon without VoiceComputer use “Shutdown Speech” and then reopen Dragon.

Thanks

But none of the commands works for me.
By Saying “Open VoiceComputer” or double clicking on the VoiceComputer icon on mydesktop nothing happens.
The only way to close it is from Window Task manager which I do NOT like.

Hi,

I just uninstalled and reinstalled VP
But now I can’t activate the VP
I get can not activate VoicePower Reason: Bad request
Ron with version 12.30 I could not use Show Numbers
Now with version 12.40 I can not activate or Shutdown
I’ll send you an email with my Key Code
Not very happy lately with VP

Sepy2013-04-20 07:41:36
We recently invented a new technology that will let you make any program, any screen accessible. We should have made it much clearer that our Show Numbers feature has been in beta and every release has had a different version as we have tried to fully implement the technology.
We finally have the feature where we want it and we'll release another beta in a few days and should have a final release within two weeks.
As for getting a bad request for activation. You're probably using an old serial number. (The old serial number begins with two numbers or letters, e.g., "9G-".) We changed serial numbers in September for VoiceComputer 12.
<edited><editID>RonK</editID><editDate>2013-04-20 07:57:01</editDate></edited>

Sepy,

Just to add a little bit to Ron’s post, VoiceComputer 12.40 automatically checks your backup folders for VoiceComputer for your license number (activation code) and inserts it in the activation screen with an appropriate prompt as to how to activate.

If your installation of VoiceComputer 12.40 did not find your activation code, then the activation code and/or the license that you originally for the previous version of VoiceComputer that you were using is not valid. The only place where this becomes a problem is under Windows 8 because of changes made to the Documents and Settings (folder) settings. We are still working on this issue, but we do have a workaround.

My guess is that your activation code is not valid for the current version of VoiceComputer that you have installed.

Chuck,

I deleted the VC folder from My Documents in order to have a clean install.
Ron has updated my license.
I activated the VC but still have the same problem as before.
I guess I’ll wait for a new VC version.

Sepy,

I suspect that if you’re having the same problem as before that the problem lies with the VoiceComputer commands that you have selected or not selected (#16 in the Configure VoiceComputer dialog).

If you let me know which of the VoiceComputer commands are unselected in your case, I can tell you if you need to make changes to such. I recommend the following settings:

The rest are more or less optional depending upon whether you use those applications or not.Chucker2013-04-20 22:38:17

I didn’t touch the commands.

And I’m still having the same problem

By the way what is difference between shutdown VoiceComputer and shutdown speech?

Sepy,

First, attach a copy of your Dragon log for me. If you’re uncomfortable posting it, email it to me at chuck@voiceteach.com

Second, try saying “configure VoiceComputer”, then say “16 open” and then set the commands the way I showed you in the screen capture. When you say OK, you will be prompted that they will be implemented the next time that you start VoiceComputer. Then say “open VoiceComputer”, and then say “Restart Speech”. Let me know if you still continue to have the same problem.

Lastly, the difference between Shutdown VoiceComputer and Shutdown Speech is that Shutdown VoiceComputer closes VoiceComputer but leaves Dragon running. Shutdown Speech shuts down both VoiceComputer and Dragon.

Thanks

The voice command for Shutdown Speech and Shutdown VoiceComputer is not working.
But now clicking on VoiceComputer icon bring up the shutdown options
Also clicking on close VoiceComputer from system tray doesn’t work
I leave it for now
The "VoiceComputer" icon on your desktop is a link to a utility that opens and closes both the VoiceComputer (VP.exe) and Dragon (natspeak.exe) Programs. Evidently the VoiceComputer utility is crashing on your computer, I haven't seen this before but one other user reported a problem that might be caused by the VoiceComputer utility crashes. So, I need to nail down a couple of things:

You can open VoiceComputer and Dragon by double clicking on the VoiceComputer icon on your desktop? - Correct?

Once Dragon and VoiceComputer are open and you double click on the VoiceComputer icon, nothing happens. - Correct?

If you go to Task Manager - Processes, the VoiceComputer process is running. Correct?

If so, end the "voicecomputer" process.

Double click on the VoiceComputer icon, and the Shutdown and Restart options open, correct?

You can open VoiceComputer and Dragon by double clicking on the VoiceComputer icon on your desktop? Yes

Once Dragon and VoiceComputer are open and you double click on the VoiceComputer icon, nothing happens.
Yes
If you go to Task Manager - Processes, the VoiceComputer process is running.
Yes
Double click on the VoiceComputer icon, and the Shutdown and Restart options open.
Yes