Several references to Dragon in VPU for WSR

I’ve been trying out VPU for WSR for ther first time today.

There seem to be references to “Dragon 9.x’s” in several places even though this is VPU for Windows SR.

I made a screen capture to show you but can’t figure out how to upload the image.

For example, under “Web Lesson Outline”, 1. Web Commands, a few lines down, it says “Nuance Dragon 9.x’s command accuracy”. Another instance under “Navigate thru list boxes. Search boxes”

Also, I’m having a hard time getting the following navigate by link names function to work - I have IE8

<P style=“MARGIN-BOTTOM: 5pt” =mNumberedSectionTitle>2. Navigate by link names

<P =mListTahoma72>
<P =mListTahoma72>Name of Link
<P =mListTahoma72>

<P =mListTahoma75>Once you’re on the Nuance web site, say the name of the link you want to follow:
<P =mList75Command>or say:
<P =mListTahoma75>For example say:
<P =mList75Command>Support
<P =mList75Command>or "Click Support

Peter

Peter,

First, most of what you see relative to WSR and the VoicePower help has not yet been completely modified. However, most of the commands work as indicated. What is unique to WSR can be found by either saying " show speech options" or by referring to the WSR tutorial. In some cases we did not choose to duplicate the WSR references in these two available online documents/help. There also was in great demand for clarification. We will get back to this at some point and make appropriate revisions, but as I said most of the commands shown work the same in WSR, or at least close to it.

Ignore the reference to naturallyspeaking 9.x. While that is true, it’s not relevant. However, using “Click” and “Click Link” generally work the same in WSR as they do in DNS.

Remember that you have “show numbers” in WSR, which generally and usually numbers every link. You simply say “show numbers”, choose the number, and then say “OK”. There are other ways to work with links in WSR, but generally saying the name of the link, such as " support" when you’re in the nuance homepage should work in WSR. I just tried it and it works fine. If you can’t get WSR to recognize a link, use “show numbers”.

To insert hyperlinks, images, upload files, or insert movies, take a look at the following screens, which are also an example of doing so.

In the Quick Reply message box directly underneath when you want to post a reply there is a button as noted in the above screen capture. Click on that button to open the Full Reply Editor. In the full reply editor you will see icons at the top for inserting a hyperlink, inserting an image, uploading a file, or inserting a movie. And select the appropriate option and follow the instructions in the ensuing dialog. It’s pretty straightforward but if you have a problem let me know.

PS, note that images are restricted to 50 KB. I don’t know if that can be increased, but in the interim you have to save images in the smallest possible size so they don’t exceed the 50 KB limit.Chucker2011-01-11 04:15:34

Chuck

My point is a simple one. A buyer of VPU for Windows SR may get confused if they see references to “Dragon 9.x’s” in various places. Would have thought it’s simple to clean up any reference to “Dragon” in VPU for Windows?

Thanks for the reminder about “show numbers” as an alternative method of opening hyperlinks in a web browser page.

Whilst I knew about the “insert image” button, what that brings up is a dialogue box in which you have to enter a web URL for the image. When I said i couldn’t figure out how to insert an image, I guess I meant that I was looking for the ability to upload an image straight into the post as opposed to ftp’ing the image to a web server and using the URL for that image.

Peter

In VPU configured for Windows SR, when I say

“Show Speaking Tutor”

I get

“Opening Tutorial

Please Wait”

Followed by a dialogue box headed "Engine Not Avaliable) and “This program requires NaturallySpeaking to be loaded. The application will be shut down”

Can this be addressed in a future release?

Peter

pmaddern2011-01-12 07:34:05
VP for Dragon and WSR share a common code and, as you've seen, share some common documentation.
The tutorials are not a part of VP for WSR.
We'll re-edit the documentation and try to eliminate all reference to command for Dragon only.

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />FYI:

VP for WSR can help users reduce their keyboard and mouse use and is often a better solution than an ergonomic mouse or keyboard. (And at our new price of $29.97, it’s also cheaper.)

But, Dragon Basics for $49.95 is a better program than Windows Speech Recognition since Microsoft has not continued to improve WSR.

Although we do not plan to continue development specifically for VP for WSR, the program will continue to improve since it shares a common code with VP for Dragon. As soon as we finish the next major release of VoicePower, we’ll go back and improve the documentation for VP for WSR.

Peter,

When you get into the image upload dialog, ignore everything to the right. What you wanted do is go down to the bottom and click on the browse button locate your image, and then click upload. This will post your image in the list at the top left. Then you simply select that image and continue. You don’t have to worry about the URL unless you are actually selecting an image from a particular URL (link).

Keep in mind that there is a limit of 50 KB to the image size.

Peter,

As regards the tutorials, one of the reasons why we didn’t create tutorials for Windows Speech Recognition - WSR is because Windows Speech Recognition - WSR has its own tutorial, which you should use anyway. Neither Ron nor myself like that tutorial, but it’s already done and it deals specifically with Windows Speech Recognition - WSR. In other words, we didn’t feel the need to reinvent the wheel so to speak.

As Ron and I have already pointed out, there are some issues relative to the documentation that can stand some editing. However, as Ron has already indicated also, all the basic VoicePower commands function the same in Windows Speech Recognition - WSR as they do in DNS. In other words, if you create VoiceShortcuts while running VoicePower in DNS, they are fully accessible to Windows Speech Recognition - WSR and function exactly the same way. For example, if you create Microsoft Outlook send to/move to/change to commands to move or send e-mails to a particular folder in Outlook or change to that folder to view its contents, it works in both DNS and Windows Speech Recognition - WSR regardless of where you created it. The same thing works for all the other VoiceShortcuts. These and all of the built-in VoicePower commands are cross platform compatible.

Chuck

I see no browse button anywhere on the dialogue screen that opens up after clicking on the insert image button.

I’ll send you a PM with a screen grab.

Thanks

Peter

Peter,

The configuration of the forum was incorrectly set.

Please try again.

Ron

I can now confirm that I’m able to upload images into posts. Thanks for changing the settings.

Peter