Scrolling without moving the cursor

Does anyone know if it is possible to scroll (especially in Word) without moving the cursor? I often work with documents that have tables in them. It would be really nice to be able to scroll down as one would with the mouse wheel without having to reposition the cursor after I have looked at the table I am writing about. It seems like this sort of command may be possible with a professional version of Dragon, but I only have premium 11.5. I have already tried scroll lock but this only seems to work in Excel. Is it possible to do this with some sort of macro in VoicePower (I’m guessing it theoretically is)? Any suggestions would be MOST appreciated! Thanks!

rj2012-06-12 19:50:03

VoicePower’s ‘Press Mouse’ (‘Release Mouse’) will do this.

Place the mouse on the Scroll Arrow and say ‘Press Mouse.’
Use with Caution!!! A pressed mouse, moved around your desktop, can open dozens of programs, etc, etc,
BTW, if anyone wants to try out a pre-release copy of our new major upgrade, please email me.

RonK2012-06-13 10:00:44

I didn’t know about the “press mouse” and “release mouse” commands, so that’s good to know. However, it seems that whenever I try your suggestion the screen will jump back to where the cursor is as soon as I say “release mouse”. The screen will then continue to scroll just a bit more before it stops. What I would like it to do is just stop scrolling after I say “release mouse”. Then (ideally), when I say something else the screen would jump back to where the cursor is.

One option that might work for me is using a “place mouse” command that right clicks on the scrollbar. Then I can say page up or page down without without the cursor moving. What would be really cool, is if one could do all this with just one command. Or, even better, it would be nice to be able to specify in one utterance how many times I want the screen to move up or down (without the cursor moving of course :-)).
Is it possible to link commands together–like combining a "place mouse"command, a few keystrokes and a voice command (either built in or custom-made)?

Hello Ron,

I have been in a long trial and have not been able to keep up with the forum.I would be more than happy to review the new major release.

Hope your summer is going well.

Thanks,

Jim

I apologize. Somehow I overlooked your post.

>However, it seems that whenever I try your suggestion the screen will jump back to where the cursor
> is as soon as I say “release mouse”. The screen will then continue to scroll just a bit more before
> it stops
I’m getting the same behavior on this computer (using Word 2007 with Win7). Haven’t seen this before. Need to test this on XP and other systems to try to figure out what’s going on.
The screen is also jumping back when I position the mouse in the scroll bar and say left click or mouse left click.
>Is it possible to link commands together
Yes, but I’m not sure how to make it perform that way you wish. For example, if I use
'a “place mouse” command that right clicks on the scrollbar. and then say page up or page down, the cursor jumps so you can’t repeat the command.

I’ve been tweaking the release for the last few weeks. I’m finally finished and made the release ready for download. Will be announcing it in the next day or two.