Screen grid doesn't work for me

Since I’ve been using VoicePower for a few months now, I thought I would start posting some observations on the form to hopefully generate some discussion and solve some issues.

First off, I’d like to say that I like the software. Much of it I don’t use and have not looked at, but I am enjoying working with the sections I do use.

I couple things I consistently have problems with are the Help window and the screen grid. Here is how I have my monitors set up. Note that the monitor on the right has the start bar and DragonBar at the top.

When I say “screen 2 screen grid”, the grid appears on monitor 1. If I say click X at Y, it clicks on monitor 2.

As far as the Help screen, it often jumps back and forth between the two monitors and really messes me up.

Chris,

I’ll have Ron take a look at this. It appears that multiple monitors is trickier than either Ron or Evan initially anticipated.

We’ll get it working right.

It does act differently depending on how I configure the monitors in VoicePower.

The situation described above happens when I configure the landscape monitor, my default/main monitor, as monitor 1 in VoicePower.

If I configure the portrait monitor as monitor 1 in VoicePower, the screen grid always appears on the landscape monitor, whether or not I say “show screen grid” or “screen 2 screen grid”.

Chris,

Odd circumstance, but perhaps something that will make sense to Ron.

Again, I’ll make sure he takes a look at this.

Hello. It looks like this thread is over 10 years old however the subject matter is still the same. I have not been able to access screen grid since I’ve reinstalled VoiceComputer on my new computer. Most control has been configured to be enabled, and the .ini files are saved in the appropriate directories where there should not be an issue. I was able to last access screen grid on a previous installation of VoiceComputer on an old computer, however it’s been almost 3 years. I am using Dragon 15 professional

I’m also working with two screens/monitors, however I really only need screen grid to be functionable on one of the screens.

Any assistance or guidance would be most helpful.

Thank you, Ryan

Ryan,

Browse to
C:\ProgramData\VoiceTeach\VoiceComputer\Commands\Custom
(Note: in our forthcoming 21 release, the data files will be located in
C:\Users[user name]\AppData\Roaming\VoiceTeach\VoiceComputer

Do you see any mouse??.xml files in the directory?

If not, say, “Configure VoiceComputer”; check that the mouse commands are enabled; click ‘OK’; Restart Speech and watch the restart. You should see a message the VoiceComputer is configuring its files.

Let us know!