Right click drag

In desktop Outlook, is there a command that right clicks and drags? In oder to convert an email with attachment to a task, you need to rightclick/drag to the task icon.

Also, when I call out the number found in a blank email page, the cursor keeps going below my signature as opposed to the top of the page awaiting dictation. Any remedy for that?

> In order to convert an email with attachment to a task, you need to rightclick/drag to the task icon.

Never tried this! No. There is no right click /drag command. Are there shortcut keys that can do this? (That would let us make a macro for this.)

> Also, when I call out the number found in a blank email page, the cursor keeps going
> below my signature

No remedy. But, I could add a command that would click on the number and then press ctrl+home to go to the top of the body field.

What do you want to name the command?

Ron,

Thanks for your response. If you use Outlook, try right clicking and dragging an email to the tasks icon. It creates a new task including the attachment. When you left click and drag the attachment is excluded.
It’s not something that one needs to do often. It’s not a big deal to do that one via mouse.

The body field number however is annoying as we are creating the whole email by number and when you get to the content area a mouse click is necessary.
Call it “bodyfieldtop” Sounds geeky but gets it done.

I created a command and named it "x go top", for example, "29 go top"

This command clicks the number you say and then goes to the top of the field.

<p ="Msonormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Verdana",sans-serif;  mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-bidi-font-family:Calibri;  color:black">I did this to be consistent with the existing commands such as "29 page up", "29 page down"<o:p></o:p></span></p><p ="Msonormal"><span style="font-family: Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 9pt;">(Note: the page up and page down commands and many other custom commands are disabled by default because too many active commands slow down Dragon.)</span></p>

<p ="Msonormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Verdana",sans-serif;  mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-bidi-font-family:Calibri;  color:black">Below is the command script. For those who are familiar with xml scripting, you can add this command in the ShNumAct menu of the displaynumbers.xml file.</span></p>

<p ="Msonormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Verdana",sans-serif;  mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-bidi-font-family:Calibri;  color:black">For those who are not familiar with xml scripting, email me and I'll send you the updated displaynumbers.xml file.</span></p>

<p ="Msonormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Verdana",sans-serif;  mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-bidi-font-family:Calibri;  color:black">  <command type="vp-script"><o:p></o:p></span></p>

<p ="Msonormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Verdana",sans-serif;  mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-bidi-font-family:Calibri;  color:black">        <name><o:p></o:p></span></p>

<p ="Msonormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Verdana",sans-serif;  mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-bidi-font-family:Calibri;  color:black">          <![CDATA[<1to300cf> go top]]><o:p></o:p></span></p>

<p ="Msonormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Verdana",sans-serif;  mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-bidi-font-family:Calibri;  color:black">               </name><o:p></o:p></span></p>

<p ="Msonormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Verdana",sans-serif;  mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-bidi-font-family:Calibri;  color:black">        <actions><o:p></o:p></span></p>

<p ="Msonormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Verdana",sans-serif;  mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-bidi-font-family:Calibri;  color:black">   <overlaymouseaction action="click" numbers="_value1" /><o:p></o:p></span></p>

<p ="Msonormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Verdana",sans-serif;  mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-bidi-font-family:Calibri;  color:black">          <wait ms="500"/><o:p></o:p></span></p>

<p ="Msonormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Verdana",sans-serif;  mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-bidi-font-family:Calibri;  color:black">        <mimic phrase="go to top" /><o:p></o:p></span></p>

<p ="Msonormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Verdana",sans-serif;  mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-bidi-font-family:Calibri;  color:black">        </actions><o:p></o:p></span></p>

<p ="Msonormal"><span style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:"Verdana",sans-serif;  mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-bidi-font-family:Calibri;  color:black">      </command><o:p></o:p></span></p>

<p ="Msonormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>

bingo!!

It works great.! Thanks for doing that as it makes using Outlook substantially more efficient.