Resizing My Intags 'on-the-fly' command

I asked Ron for a command to adjust the size of MyIntags 'on-the-fly'. This can come in very handy if you have some applications with very small windows or Icons where the standard size of MyIntags may be too big (and therefore clouding certain menu elements), and you temporarily want to shrink them, without changing the general MyIntag settings in the configure voice computer menu (because you're satisfied with the general setting for the rest of your programs).

Ron created these commands in the current 2.20 version which has some other improvements.

The command (and its lists) is located in the Global2XML in the:
C:ProgramDataVoiceTeachVoiceComputerCommandsCustom folder.

Make overlay
smaller
much smaller
larger
much larger

However current commands: Make overlay fonts smaller, much smaller, larger, much larger, default, don't always work reliably. Maybe because the commands have too many words in them or phonetics conflict in some way. In reality you're probably only going to need 2 variations, small, large (and back to default of course).
I've edited the commands, and the lists and on my computer they are working well now.

If you want to use this version be sure to first BACKUP YOUR ORIGINAL global2.xml TO A SAFE PLACE! So you can restore it at any time.
Then open it in the C:ProgramDataVoiceTeachVoiceComputerCommandsCustom folder with NotePad
Replace the original command and its lists with this:

<![CDATA[tags ]]>
XXYYZZ, rootpath
x2y2z2, vtpath2transfer

size
d1default
s1smaller
b1larger

smallerlarger1
smallersmaller
largerbigger

Once you've included this in your global2XML file, and you've confirmed it's working (you will have to restart speech first), make sure to also overwrite the old one in:
C:Program Files (x86)VoiceTeachVoiceComputerconfigVoiceComputerCommandsCustom
with with your newly created global2.xml
If, for some reason, problems occur simply restore the original global2.xml to both folders and restart speech.

These are the commands to speak:

tags smaller
tags bigger (for some reason tags larger won't work)
tags default

The process, per command, takes about 10 seconds. If your initial Tagsize is 10, the command tags smaller will make it 8, tags bigger will make it 12. When uttered once again 14 etc.
VERY IMPORTANT: immediately after the command you will have to reload the overlay (simply say: show overlay).

Ron how do I insert the 'show overlay' line in this command? I tried inserting:

at several places in the command (since this is a legacy script) but then the XML gets corrupted.
I could create a Dragon HW script but I'd rather have it as an 'all-in-one' command in VC.

Rob

Rob,

Hope to put together another update today. I’ll include your changes and include a close overlay and show overlay command so that the tags smaller commands can be used on the fly.

Will post the code on the forum.