repair VoicePower

While looking at the KnowBrainer Forum to check the delivery date of Dragon Professional12, I ran across a thread where Chucker advise someone to consider repairing VoicePower. Here is the thread:

http://www.knowbrainer.com/forums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=4&threadid=14837&highlight_key=y&keyword1=version%2012

I looked on VoicePower index and found nothing regarding repair. How was it done, Chucker?

Much appreciated.

Jim

Of course, I didn’t read down far enough. Sorry to have inconvenienced anyone.

Jim

The Exorcist was just on the other night.It has to be the reason that my VoicePower icon reappeared on my desktop!

So I wonder if it was repaired or not?

Jim

Jim,

Running a repair of any application is the same. As regards Dragon NaturallySpeaking and VoiceComputerâ„¢/VoicePowerâ„¢, both use InstallShield so they Repair is the same as regards the process in the Windows Control Panel | Add or Remove Programs (Windows XP) or Programs and Features (Windows 7/Windows 8/or Windows Vista).

Thanks, Chucker:

With Dragon a menu tells you when it has finished its repair. With VoicePower the menu comes up advising it is running the Windows installer, it initially copies some files and then with the copying of the second set of files the menu vanishes.

How do I know that VoicePower has been repaired?

Appreciated,

Jim

Jim,

VoiceComputer (VoicePower) doesn't prompt you that the repair has finished. Personally, I've never worried about this because there are other applications out there that don't do this either. However, this would be something that would be relatively easy to implement.

Nonetheless, once the repair of VoiceComputer (VoicePower) is complete, it simply shuts down. However, when that happens, the repair is finished. What is probably confusing is that the repair doesn't take but a very short time. On my Core i7â„¢ 3770K, it takes all of about 3 seconds because none of the files are large enough (i.e., as with Dragon and/or Microsoft Office) such that the copying of new files would take more than a minute at most anyway.

Just FYI. Chucker2012-08-26 06:06:37

Thanks, Chucker:

Make sense.

Appreciate you getting back to me.

Jim