Recognition trouble with some intags

Hi –

I've got an issue where utterances with certain intag numbers in the 30s are not recognized as commands by Dragon. Haven't narrowed down exactly which ones, but pasting an image with recognition history showing successful and unsuccessful ones. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Currently running DPI15 with VC 2017-2.19 on Windows 10. Used to happen running DP 12.5 and an earlier version of VC in Windows 7. Didn't happen when I first upgraded to DPI 15 and the newer VoiceComputer. In the old situation, the problem used to be just one number in the 30s, though (36 or 37, I think), and that was not the same as the current problem.

Using a totally new voice model, but imported commands and vocabulary from prior voice models. Vocabulary is pretty clean, I think. Both the vocabulary and command base have grown organically since I first started using Dragon 15 years ago.

Advice?

You can edit the Intag commands in the displaynumbers.xml located in

the C:ProgramDataVoiceTeachVoiceComputerCommandsCustom directory

go to the 1to300cf list and then scroll down to the section with the 30’s.

30thirty
31thirty one
32thirty two
33thirty three
34thirty four
35thirty five
36thirty six
37thirty seven
38thirty eight
39thirty nine
40forty

Before you edit the command list. copy the file to another directory.
VoiceComputer will crash if you mess up the syntax. If this happens, just copy the original file over the file in the C:ProgramDataVoiceTeachVoiceComputerCommandsCustom directory

Copy the entire line that contains the number you’re having problems with, add a line paste it and then add a new spoken form

You can add several spoken forms for each number you’re having problems with, as I’ve done for “36” in the following. (the spoken form is after the backslash )
Try to stay away from compound words like “thirtysix”. They can be too easily recognized so if you say another number, it may recognize a compounded thirtysix instead of the number you said…

30thirty
31thirty one
32thirty two
33thirty three
34thirty four
35thirty five
36thirty six
36thirtysix
36thirdy six
37thirty seven
38thirty eight
39thirty nine