Prevent intags from using certain numbers?

I need to stop intags from using any number that includes “eight”. I’m on breathing equipment that makes it difficult to pronounce eight.

I did find an old post that I thought addressed the issue, but it was not an exact fit.

I edited displaynumbers.xml to remove problem numbers but it only prevented the recognition of them while still placing them on items. Because I’m completely hands-free I still need everything numbered and voice clickable, just not with those numbers.

You’re close to the solution!

Instead of deleting the '8/eight’s, rename the spoken command (‘eight’) to a word that’s easy for you to say but seldom use. (The 8 is the command and ‘eight’ is the spoken command.)

For example, ‘plum’.

Close VoiceComputer before you edit so that you’re not blocked from saving the file.

So, after your edit, one list of numbers in the displaynumbers.xml would look like this:

<List>
    <name>1to10cf</name>
    <items>
      <item>1\one</item>
      <item>2\two</item>
      <item>3\three</item>
      <item>4\four</item>
      <item>5\five</item>
      <item>6\six</item>
      <item>7\seven</item>
      <item>8\plum</item>
      <item>9\nine</item>
      <item>10\ten</item>
      </items>
  </List>

There are quite a few lists with 'eight’s in them so this might take some time, especially if you have to edit ‘eighty’, ‘eighty one’ …

IMPORTANT. Before you begin: Any time you edit a file in the
C:\Users{user name}\AppData\Roaming\VoiceTeach\VoiceComputer\Commands\Custom
directory, you need to copy the file over the existing file in:
“C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceTeach\VoiceComputer\help\VC_Files\Custom_files”

The Custom_files directory is the source directory. Every time the configuration is changed, the files in the ‘Custom’ directory are copied over from the files in the source directory.

If you use overlays. You’ll also need to edit the showCustomOverlayActive.xml file

And finally, if VoiceComputer won’t start after you edit a command file, it’ll be due to a syntax error, such as a missing quote. (There are xml editing programs available.)

Still feels ridiculous as I learn to say, but I went with “angus” and it’s working.

Examples:
18\angus teen
88\angusy angus