No chrome Select-and-Say

The first phrase I dictate is recognized in chrome. For example, what I dictated in the subject line was recognized. Thereafter, I have to use dictation box.

I’m attaching a copy of my Google extensions.

I am running VC 13.56.1.

Thanks so much,

Jim

uploads/33/Screenshot_-_2_20_2015__11_31_44_AM.jpg

Jim,

Here is my $.02. I changed the hotkey command for dictation box to F1. That makes it easy to open up the dictation box. I know that Dragon is supposed to work smoothly with chrome. However, I haven't found that to be the case. There are simply too many places on chrome that Dragon either does not work or works haphazardly. So, the last couple of weeks I've been hitting F1 for everything, and it has really made it pretty smooth. In fact, I hit F1 and dictated into the dictation box for this post as well. That's been my experience, but saying that, working with chrome has gotten easier in the last version.

Jim & Gary,

If you search the Nuance knowledgebase on the Dragon Web extensions for DNS 13, you will get a better idea of why and when, as well as what, isn’t supported. One of the reasons why I stay away from Google Chrome except for testing.

If you want the specific knowledgebase technote, let me know.

Just FYI, except where I know Dragon doesn’t work in Google Chrome, I have no problems with Full Text Control (Select-and-Say) where it is supported in Chrome.
Chucker2015-02-20 10:20:28

Chuck,

What browser do you normally use? Or, better stated, which browser is the most effective with Dragon?

Gary,

The most completely supported browser relative to DNS is IE 11 (Windows 7 & Windows 8.1) in terms of Full Text Control (Select-and-Say) and Active Accessibility.

<edited><editID>Chucker</editID><editDate>2015-02-20 12:45:50</editDate></edited>

Thanks so much, Chucker:

I have decided to give up on Chrome. I am dictating this into the message box from Internet Explorer. I will use it going forward.

Stay warm this weekend.

Jim

Jim,

What is WARM? Confused

We’re supposed to have a heat wave on Sunday, but I really think that’s just global warming!!! I’d go out to the beach and get a suntan, but it’s supposed to rain.Chucker2015-02-20 16:49:56

The definition of warm I think depends on what the definition of is, is.

We had a snow blast Monday with more on Wednesday. Last night received 5" and it is snowing now.
Thankfully tomorrow we get rain.

Stay dry,

Jim