Newcomer questions: Show documentation command p

hi, I am new to Intag, and have some questions. When I say the command “show documentation” it takes me to the website for video LAN, which is another application I have on the computer, instead of taking me to the documentation for Intag. How do I fix this, please? Thanks. Also, I’d like to be able to print out the list of the different commands, rather than only be able to refer to it on the computer screen. How do I do this, also, please? Thanks, Katherine.

When I say the command “show documentation” it takes me to the website for video LAN,

The command for the Intag product is "show documentation folder"
It should bring you to the
C:ProgramDataVoiceTeachIntagDocumentation
directory.
The command seems to be working. Will test on other computers.

> Also, I’d like to be able to print out the list of the different commands,
The documentation folder contains a few command lists saved as pdf files, e.g., Intag command list.pdf.
Let me know what other command lists you’d like to see and we’ll make pdf files of at least some of them.
We’d like to allow users to print out command lists in a future release but it may be a few months before we can change our code.

RonK2017-01-03 09:47:29

Katherine,

The command “Show documentation” works in VoiceComputer, but it appears to be misfiring in InTags. Try saying “show documentation folder”. That command works in both InTags and VoiceComputer.

Once you get to the documentations folder, you will be able to view or print out any of the PDF files that you were looking for as far as the commands are concerned.

Addendum: I missed where Ron indicated that the “show documentation folder” is the command for InTags.
However, since “show documentation” is misfiring for you, answer a couple questions for me:
1. What version of Windows are you using?
2. What version of Dragon are you using?
3. When you say “show documentation” and it brings up that specific URL, say “view recognition history” and let us know what the recognition history for Dragon is displaying when you issue that command. My guess is that it’s triggering that result, but it would be helpful to know exactly what it’s triggering.
Remember that Dragon is what is actually processing commands. So, if it can’t find what it’s looking for or what you’re asking it in the recognition history, it would help us to understand what’s going on in your specific case. In my case saying “show documentation” in InTags doesn’t perform anything because Dragon is saying to me “Please say that again”, so it’s obviously triggering something on your system. Keep in mind that Dragon searches for commands first before displaying text when you’re dictating, Dragon does not understand what words mean, and Dragon doesn’t understand what you meant to say.
Chucker2017-01-03 10:21:42

hi, and thanks for the replies. I tried that new command “show documentation folder” and it worked, so thank you.
To answer your other questions: I am using Windows 10 for home
I am using Dragon professional individual 14. It’s the French language version, but use the English language profile extensively.
I’m not sure what to look for in the recognition history. I saved it and then copied to the line relevant to the command:
firefox | Tue 2017-01-03 | 12:55:28.615 | uD 1703 | Nd 0 | sN 35 | cD 0 | wF 0x00 | aF 0x00 | dA 0.0 [61925] | sA 30.9 [61925] | C | show Documentation

Does that tell you anything?

Katherine,

It looks like Dragon is pulling up Firefox. Do you have Firefox open?

Hi, Chuck, no, I haven’t. I went into Task Manager to check and also cleared out all the cookies. I tried saying the command again and it still opened Firefox.

I wouldn’t waste any more time on this. The next release of Intag will include both the Show Documentation and Show Documentation Folder commands.

> Also, I’d like to be able to print out the list of the different commands,
The documentation folder contains a few command lists saved as pdf files, e.g., Intag command list.pdf.
Let me know what other command lists you’d like to see and we’ll make pdf files of at least some of them.

Ok, thanks.

I am unable to dictate my replies into the Forum-it worked earlier today but am now having to type! What do I need to check to find out why that is happening, please? Thanks, Katherine.

Katherine,

Sometimes our forum loses Full Text Control (Select-and-Say) and you have to use the Dictation Box.

I reported that to Ron in the past, but we’ve never been able to figure out why it does that. It seems more prevalent with DPI 14 and DPI 15 but DNS 13 seem to work just fine across the board.

Will just have to look into it a little more deeply.

PS, if you’re going to use the Dictation Box, make sure that it is set to “Keep transferred text in clipboard when Dictation Box is closed”. Otherwise, if the transfer doesn’t work (i.e., transfer the text) then you will lose your dictation. Just FYI.

Chucker2017-01-03 15:18:45

hi, Chuck,

Okay, thanks.

Regards, Katherine.