New VoiceComputer release. v14.82

VoiceComputer 14.82 is now available for download.
(To download it, just follow the link that you received with your order.)

The Intags in this release are very fast - faster in Windows 7 than the last few releases.
(No difference in speed with Windows 10.)

As with all our releases, this supports all versions of Dragon from Dragon 10 to Dragon 14.

This release has an improved VC Microphone. If you put the VC Microphone in Startup (use 'Configure VoiceComputer' to do this), and properly configure the VC Microphone, you can enjoy complete, hands-free control of Dragon, VoiceComputer, your microphone and your computer.

The VC Mic is very easy to use. Much easier to use than to explain. It can also be precisely customized to the commands you want to use. This is also much easier to use than to explain.

My first draft of the documentation is the 'Using the VC Microphone.pdf' in your 'C:ProgramDataVoiceTeachVoiceComputerDocumentation' directory.

Please address any questions about the VC Microphone to this forum.

And lastly, VoiceComputer 14.82 is an interim release. We plan to release VoiceComputer 2017 as soon as we build in support for the new DPI 15.

Thanks!!!

Ron,

Does this mean that this release currently won’t work with DPI 15?

Rob

It will work with DPI but it may not recognize where DPI 15 is installed. Thus, you may have to first open Dragon and then VC.

Our next release will ensure that DPI is recognized and we will add some documentation, etc. to support it.

Okay, I will test that out when I receive The Dragon 15 version next month.

The 14.82 VC version works great by the way!

new release works fine and the Intags are noticeably faster

I still haven’t been able to get my old configuration automatically imported into the upgrade when I reinstall so I must be doing something wrong. Ron you may want to take a look at your release instructions.

I have all of my notes from the various discussions so I just manually copied/reset all of my configurations in the XML files

Phil Schaadt

Phil,

When you install a new version, are you using the "Import VoiceComputer configuration files" in the second screen of the configure VoiceComputer dialog?

Works for me just fine and all of my "My InTags" overlays and custom commands all get imported properly.

yes I used that second screen of the configuration dialog but then it asked me to look for backup files in “My Documents”. there are not any backups in My Documents but when I pointed to the VoiceComputer Program Data trying to get the dialogue to accept the VoiceComputer.bk folders it didn’t recognize any the backup folders as valid.

I’ll try this on one of my other machines in the next day or two and report back. I’ll do a screenshot sequence because today I was just trying to get the new version up and running with my settings so I wasn’t paying really close attention.

Phil Schaadt

> it asked me to look for backup files in “My Documents”.

Oops! I’ll fix this. Thanks for pointing this out!

I just updated another machine.
Ron there is another thing you need to fix and that is in the Browse for Folders selection window.
When I go into Program Data with the Browse for Folders window and select the VoiceComputer.BK folder nothing appears below in the “Folder:” title bar textbox. No title in a text box is a standard MSWindows behavior with a Browse window when the wrong kind of folder/file is selected and that’s why was thinking that the import wasn’t working.

Any customizations of the Intag appearance do not seem to be brought over from the settings.ini file and I manually modified the settings.ini file but the Custom appearance is brought over for the custom overlays.

Phil Schaadt

Ron, I would like to order this update, How do I do that?
Thanks, Hoops

Actually, we have a newer release on the store that we’ll announce later this week, VoiceComputer 2017.

VC 2017 continues the evolution of our Intag technology. It no longer requires UAC approval in Win 10 and the microphone feature lets you open, close, restart Dragon, VoiceComputer (and even your computer if you don’t use a password for logon), completely hands-free. Our VC Microphone even has a new ‘Lock Microphone’ command that lets you open the Dragon microphone by voice intentionally, but never accidentally.

VC 2017 is on our store. http://voiceteach.myshopify.com/

RonK2016-09-18 09:23:35

hey Ron would you please define the paid versus unpaid upgrade rules. Your VoiceComputer Store radio button menu shows the 2017 upgrade as version 14

thanks
Phil Schaadt

Phil,

If you’re bought VoiceComputer or an upgrade within the last three months, you can receive a free upgrade by emailing me. Otherwise, you can buy an upgrade on our store at: http://voiceteach.myshopify.com/.

If you buy an upgrade now, you won’t have to buy another upgrade for two years, even if Dragon releases yet another version next year.

There is one caveat: If we invent and implement yet another game-changing technology, we may need to charge for another upgrade in a year.

And thanks for pointing out that we had incorrect radio buttons in the store!

Is a game changing technology a direct neural connection to you and Chucker’s brain? Otherwise, I cannot see how VoiceComputer is going to get any better.

As Dwight Yoakam sings "I was just thinking alone in my room."

Ciao,

Jim

I just purchased the upgrade. Later today I will install it. When I want to get to either Ron or Chucker’s brain via the neural connection, does show main menu include the appropriate command?

I continue to put together model airplanes, tanks, cars and ships. I find if I go two or three case without doing so, I get nauseous, shake and get a headache. I do love the smell of the glue, though.

Keep up the good work. VoiceComputer is the bees knees!

Jim

Ron,

I may have missed it, but, is there a post that describes what is new about the newest version compared to the previous version?

Sorry,

I just saw the first post in this string.

Actually, we have a newer release on the store that we’ll announce later this week, VoiceComputer 2017.

VC 2017 continues the evolution of our Intag technology. It no longer requires UAC approval in Win 10 and the microphone feature lets you open, close, restart Dragon, VoiceComputer (and even your computer if you don’t use a password for logon), completely hands-free. Our VC Microphone even has a new ‘Lock Microphone’ command that lets you open the Dragon microphone by voice intentionally, but never accidentally.

VC 2017 is on our store. http://voiceteach.myshopify.com/