I really need help with this program. It simply does not work as expected.
A little bit of background. I am learning this software so I can teach someone else to use it. The software, both Dragon and VC was installed by someone at the IT-department at work (school)
Here are a few of the problems I am running in to (there are more, the list is too extensive):
- Windows Start menu has no intags at all “Intag start menu”
- The VC guide (PDF) which opens in Adobe, does not always let me scroll in the document “page down/up”
- Chrome does for the most part NOT show any intagst, unless I go to this site (?) then tags appear all over the place
- Chrome dropdown or overlay menus don’t get intags
- When Chrome has multiple tabs open, I can’t select open tabs because saying the number will close the tab all together
- Edge Chromium does for the most part NOT show any intags
- Sometimes when I select the search bar in browsers, it often opens a dictation window
*and a host of other things which make it impossible to get any work done
The above problems are not always present. I sometimes have been able to use the intags on websites, but they often dissapear or the microphone simply doesn’t understand what I am saying. I would like to point out that I in no way mumble and I have a clear “american” accent.
The main purpose was to use this in Chrome as all the resources are held within Google, Docs, Sheets, Meet and Drive and to be able to dictate replies to student through the webbased student portals using Dragon. We don’t have much need for working outside a browser really.
So basically I have not been able to use VC at all. Am I doing something completely wrong or is the learning curve so high that I need classes to even operate the simplest things or perhaps my installation is faulty?
I can record video of what I am doing so you can see it, if needed. It’s so important I make this program work, because the person I am doing this for depends on it in order to keep his job. He basically can’t use his arms.
I hope someone can tell me what might be wrong and point me in the right direction.