New release is ready for testing

Note July 14: Please wait. We're releasing an updated version later today.

We have a major new release and would like more people to test it before we announce it.

New features include:
1. The Display numbers in Google Chrome is now (almost) complete, bringing you unparalleled access to modern websites and web applications.
2. The Display numbers command has been improved.
3. The Super numbers command has been improved and have added a whole range of accessibility commands to it.
4. We have added multitasking capabilities to the program.
5. We have reorganized the main menu and other menus.

To download the release, just follow the last download link that you were sent and it will lead you to the new version, VoiceComputer 12.50.5.

Let us know how you like it! RonK2013-07-14 09:50:03

My link does not show any file to download. I am guessing that this is because my purchase of VC was one year and a few days ago. If I purchase an upgrade will the link work again?

Viv

>If I purchase an upgrade will the link work again?

<div><span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"><br></span></div><div><span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">You'll get a new link.</span></div><div><span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"><br></span></div><div><span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">But, please note that we'll have yet another release later today.</span></div><div><span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"><br></span></div><div><span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"><br></span></div>
<edited><editID>RonK</editID><editDate>2013-07-14 09:53:44</editDate></edited>

Thanks Ron,

I will get the upgrade tomorrow and download the latest version.

Viv

I am as usual confused. I downloaded VoiceComputer 12.50.5 yesterday afternoon. Is it still the most current.

Thanks and thanks for continually making what is already a fabulous product constantly better. I am proud to be a shill for it.

Jim

Ron,

Great job! So far, it’s working well. Here’s one issue that may be a bug.

If I click, “the show numbers command” and I see an area that is missing a number, by habit, I then click, “show canvas” and usually without closing the first command (the show numbers command). When I do that, the command, “close numbers” won’t work and it causes me to have to close the browser and reopen it. If I don’t do that, I can’t get the numbers to go away.

First, I’d recommend using Show Numbers for Chrome. Our Chrome extension lets you access previously inaccessible controls on a page. And, if there are any controls that remain inaccessible you can then use the “show canvas” command to access those controls.
Second, you should be able to say “Cancel that” “press escape” or just press the escape key to close show numbers.
Third. I can’t duplicate this. When I open up Show Overlay, it closes Show Numbers.

Gary,

What happens if you say "hide Display Numbers"?

Chuck and Ron,

“Close numbers and high display numbers” still don’t work if I open show canvas before closing show numbers. However, the escape key does work.

Google Chrome – I’ve only been using Google Chrome for the last few weeks. Another point, it seems that the voice computer extension and the DNS extension don’t get along. With the VC extension, I am constantly getting pop-up messages saying that the DNS extension in chrome has a problem and request for me to either disable it or not. I am wondering if anyone else is having the same problem

Gary,

First, what version of the Google Chrome extension are you using? This may be a problem with one of the earlier extension releases. However, I doubt that there is an inherent conflict or issue between the Dragon NaturallySpeaking RIA extension and ours. I know that some users have had a problem with the RIA for Dragon, but I’ve never had a conflict with the Dragon RIA and the Google Chrome extension for VoiceComputer.

Second, have you tried clicking on the trashcan for the Dragon RIA extension, exiting Dragon and relaunching it and then reopening Google Chrome. Dragon will reinsert the RIA. Sometimes this resolves problems with Dragon’s RIA extension. The current Google Chrome extension for VoiceComputer is 0.4.91.

After closely reading your post, I get the distinct impression that you’re trying to use the Chrome extension and Super Numbers (overlays/canvases) simultaneously. DON’T use one or use the other. Once you have an overlay open, the Super Numbers commands take precedence. They are not designed to be used together simultaneously.

Chuck,

I’m not sure what I’m doing differently than you, but I am getting totally different outcomes than what you are describing. I’m using Windows 7 with what I’m sure is the latest version of chrome. The DNS extension says it’s 1.0. I used your suggestion and clicked on the trashcan which deleted the extension. I exited Dragon and relaunched. But, the extension did not come back. So, I uninstalled chrome completely and reinstalled in order to get the extension back. I then dropped the latest version of voice computer in the open extensions window. It still is crashing the extension.

I’m not sure what you mean by trying to use chrome extension and super numbers simultaneously. Did you mean, the show numbers commands and the show canvas command at the same time? I was doing that because there were some links that are inaccessible from the show numbers command. However, I won’t do that in the future.

Chuck,
I may have discovered the culprit. There is another extension that appears by default called, “complicity extension”. When I disabled that one, voice computer and Dragon extensions thus far (last night and this morning so far) seem to be working fine together.

< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">< name=“tabId” value=“30”>garysolo2013-07-21 03:05:07

Ron,

I read this again and to me it sounded as if 12.50.5 would soon be replaced with perhaps 12.50.6. Maybe, as my wife says I am reading too much into it.

Thanks,

Jim