My intags left mouse click hold

Hi,

I have to use a DS 7000 to record my meetings and then played back using the DSS player pro software. I have created intags across the timeline for the dictation so I can move back and forward (which is usually around 5 or 10 minutes apiece), however the intags that I have created on the control buttons rewind and forward need to have the intags "held down" for them to continue their rewind or move forward movement. I don't appear to able to find a command in the intags search that will allow me to do this; does this exist or if not does anybody have a suggestion as to how I can deal with this? Please note that I am not able to use keypresses or foot pedals.

Thanks

created on the control buttons rewind and forward need to have the intags “held down” for

>them to continue their rewind or move forward movement.

We used to have a hold mouse command. It’s still in our code but I removed it from active commands because it could really mess things up on your computer. For example, if the mouse is accidentally moved while the mouse button is being held down, the command could drag and drop everything in its path to God knows where.
I thought I’ve heard of other hold mouse commands that don’t have this problem…

The “the left mouse down” command I originally got from Lindsay doesn’t that problem. I use it all the time. I believe it is in KB.

Phil Schaadt

If you issue the command and then physically move your mouse, it doesn’t select text or files (which can then lead to them being moved or deleted)?

no it doesn’t… I just went back and opened up a window in Windows Explorer where there were about a dozen files on top of the window and about a dozen folders in the bottom of the window…

I can select any file, say the command “left mouse down” and drag it around the window or past any one of the folders because the command is structured that it is required to say “left mouse up” to drop the item

it’s an extremely handy command and I used it all the time with my ugly web mail client before your Intag technology came along

Phil Schaadt

I can confirm that. I have been using Lindsay’s command for years.

I don’t know if I’m allowed to post it on this forum, users would have to look it up themselves on the KB forum.
However I’ve created a DVC HW command for it (you need to have the original script first).

Press

HeardWord “Press”,“Left”,"mouse"

Release

HeardWord “Release”,“Left”,"mouse"

That will save your voice :wink:

Especially if you combine it with the VC ‘select’ command which I have renamed to ‘take’

]]>

For instance:
Take 7
Press

Rob,

I understand why you want to add the list to the left mouse click to hold/left mouse click to release, but your adding another list to the mouse commands which eats resources in VoiceComputer.

Just out of curiosity are you aware of the “mouse over #” command, which allows you to use VoiceComputer to find any numbered tag anywhere in your application. It can be used with InTags and with My InTags.

I understand that doing it this way is two commands vs. one command, but both commands execute so quickly that it’s hardly worth worrying about.

Just a suggestion. Take it for what it’s worth.
Chucker2016-11-15 12:15:15

Chuck,

Upon reading pavlov301's initial post I have a feeling that the drag to VC command is about 70% of what he wants.
The other 30% would be keeping the mouse button pressed down after the 'drag' has been performed.
Could that be realized in VC scripting? (by the way I will check out the 'commented out' command Ron was talking about, would like to test it myself).
Generally, it would be nice to have a 'press ' command in VC.

I'm aware of the 'mouse over' command, which is cool, and works great for creating your own numbers commands like:

Rename

]]>

Rob

Rob,

My recommendation is to not bother testing our press and hold mouse button command. The way it was originally designed is a disaster. You’ll find out very quickly if you attempt to test it how much of a disaster it is.

I appreciate what you’re saying about Pavlov301’s needs. I know what he wants and you are correct. However, there are a couple of things that users like yourself need to keep in mind:

1. Very, very few Dragon/VoiceComputer users understand how to create XML scripts, even using KnowBrainer. You, Phil, myself, and a couple of other users of VoiceComputer understand how to do this and where to place such commands. However, one of the most significant caveats is that when you install a new version of VoiceComputer, these commands are not brought over. Therefore, you have to keep a copy of them. The import VoiceComputer configuration files does not record these. Now, that being said, I’m fully aware of the fact that you know how to do that, but you are one out of very who does. What we have to take into consideration is how what we do impacts the average user vs. the power user, like yourself.
2. The value of scripting is reducing the number of necessary spoken commands to a minimal. For example, reducing four spoken commands to one single command. That’s the value of scripting. However, when you have just a couple of commands to execute, and in which can be executed almost as quickly as creating a single command, it is better to teach the average user how to use what’s already built into VoiceComputer then confuse the hell out of them with complex scripts that they don’t know how to implement or what the caveats of doing so are. Therefore, our approach is KISS. VoiceComputer is designed for the average user who knows nothing about scripting and doesn’t have or want the time to create such.

Both Ron and I appreciate your knowledge and expertise in this area. I still think that for the average user the VoiceComputer mouse commands are more than sufficient to handle most issues. Adding a simple press and hold command for the left mouse button is a viable idea. Nevertheless, making it more complex than it has to be is not necessarily viable or useful for the average user. In other words, my feeling is that keeping scripts as simple as they can possibly be is the philosophy that we need to maintain. Nonetheless, we definitely appreciate your thoughts and ideas and were your ideas and/or Phil’s fit within that philosophy, we will definitely attempt to implement such.

Chuck,

Well I won’t bother trying the press command then :wink:
It’s not like I really need it myself.
About the Keeping It Simple principle, yes, that is one of the big strengths of VC.
Personally I think VC/Intag is a must-have for every speech recognition user and definitely the best Dragon add-on out there.
I agree that anyone who doesn’t need custom commands should leave the program as it is, because indeed the featured mouse actions are more than enough for the average user.

At the same time it’s program and folder structure is relatively open for those who want to tweak the program a little. Contrary to Dragon where you can easily screw things up.

About the latter, I think every speech recognition user should have a Partition Image Backup program like True Image (or the built-in image backup from Windows 7/10) in case things go south permanently (for permanently keeping your Dragon activation and Windows activation for instance).
Once both Dragon and VC work properly (and all the rest of your programs) create an image and you’re home free permanently.

"However, when you have just a couple of commands to execute, and in which can be executed almost as quickly as creating a single command"

You have a point there, but when it comes to avoiding voicestrain (which is a real danger) it makes all the difference if you’re uttering these commands all day (less is better). Especially if you cannot use your hands at all and your voice is all that you have left.

"However, one of the most significant caveats is that when you install a new version of VoiceComputer, these commands are not brought over"

Apart from one previous VC version where there was a mistake hiding the intags when an overlay was being called up, I haven’t had any problems with that.

Actually I didn’t use the VC import function for placing my custom XMLs. A while ago I edited displaynumbers, showcustomoverlay and showCustomOverlayactive XML’s (removed/renamed commands I didn’t need and added some new ones, all within the same XML files - didn’t use or create a new one) and stored copies of them on another partition.
Now whenever there is a new version I first configure VC components and commands and backup all original XMLs to a safe place.
After shutting down speech I overwrite the original displaynumbers, showcustomoverlay and showCustomOverlayactive XML’s with my custom onces in both programdata and programfiles 86 folders.
Then I start up VC and everything works great and smooth. Going back to the original files is just as easy. Looks pretty bulletproof, unless of course a new version of VC has a totally different program structure :wink:

Rob

<edited><editID>Speech1965</editID><editDate>2016-11-16 15:53:43</editDate></edited>