moving fr Comment to body of document

I do a lot of editing and frequently use side-bar comments in Word.
However, i have not seen a VC command that gets me out of a comment and back to the main text of the document. Currently, i have to do that with a mouse.

Is there a voice command i am missing?
thanks,
lrf

Laurel,

Depending upon the version of Microsoft Word that you’re using, you can say “show word commands” to open up the VoiceComputer word commands dialog and then go to the section specified for the Review tab. There are number of commands that you can use to access or hide comments, or select how you want the document displayed.

If you need any help with this, just let me know. However, the most common command is “hide comments”. Note that many of the ribbon commands are accessible directly through Dragon. However, not knowing specifically what version of Microsoft Office you’re using, I can’t give you the specifics. Every version of Microsoft Word is different.

Thanks Chuck. I have looked at all of the review commands and none of them seem to do what I want. I simply want to move the cursor from a comment bubble back to the main text. I do not want to hide the comments. The only way I saw on Dragon help was using the mouse grid. Do you know of any other way?
thanks,
lrf

Laurel,

What type of document are you creating comments in, assuming that you are using or will be using the 64-bit version of either Microsoft Word 2010 or 2013 64-bit)?

When you insert a comment using the voice command “insert comment”, the I bar cursor should remain the main part of the document. All you have to do is to say “mouse click” and the active cursor should return to the main body of your document. From there, you can simply use the Dragon commands to "insert before " or “insert after " and that will take you back to where you want to be in the document body. That is the simplest way of doing what you want to do. You can move between comments by using the “previous comment” or next comment” voice commands. Note that these are all Dragon commands.

Otherwise, although it’s more complicated and requires multiple commands, you can use the VoiceComputer Mouse commands to position the mouse pointer back in the main body of your document by simply saying something like “mouse 60 at 60” depending upon where your document (Microsoft Word) is located (i.e., right, left, center, top, bottom, etc.).Chucker2014-11-15 12:33:05

Thanks Chuck,
yes I am using Word – at the moment 32-bit, but plan to install 64 bit later today.
It does not work for me quite the way you framed it. The command is “new comment” and the cursor moves to the new comment on the side of the page. I tried your suggestions about “mouse click” to get it to return to the main document but nothing happens.
Also, I have no idea how to tell a VC versus Dragon command since there are DNS commands repeated in the VC menu.
lrf

Laurel,

The first thing to keep in mind is that all software applications are written for the keyboard and mouse. This is no less true of Microsoft Office. The fact that Dragon and Windows Speech Recognition (WSR) make Microsoft Office accessible by voice (speech) is, by nature of the beast, secondary and generally irrelevant. The problem here is that because of the design of Microsoft Office applications, like Microsoft Word, using Dragon or Windows Speech Recognition (WSR) often means that you have to think outside the box. That is, it becomes necessary to manipulate not only the flashing cursor (i.e., where you dictate) and the mouse pointer itself. Therein lies the problem with what you’re trying to do.

Not being able to see the document that you’re working in, my guess would be that the mouse pointer is not located in the main body of your text, which would show up as and I bar cursor or flashing cursor in the text body. Since I suspect that your mouse pointer is located somewhere in the vicinity of the comment, try the VoiceComputer command for “click left twenty percent”. Then you should be able to move anywhere within the main body of your document using the various Dragon commands.

One way of telling the difference between VoiceComputer commands and Dragon commands (i.e., using the results box) is that some VoiceComputer commands are represented by all or part of a command represented as a compounded word. In other cases, you may have to use the VoiceComputer Help. If you want to see the mouse commands, say “show mouse commands”, and then say “Section 4”. Note that we are trying to readjust some of the mouse movement commands because, in some cases, they seem to conflict with the Dragon mouse movement commands. Regardless, you should be able to make effective use of all of the mouse movement commands for VoiceComputer that are noted in the “Mouse Guide”, Section 4. They all seem to work properly.