Mouse pointer rogue behaviour

</font></p><p style="margin: 0cm 2.25pt 0pt; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto;" ="Msonormal"><span style='color: black; font-family: "Verdana","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-: EN;' lang="EN">I'm
helping someone (without VoicePower installed) troubleshhoot a problem with
Dragon. The user has:-<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></span></p><p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font><span style='color: black; font-family: "Verdana","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-: EN;' lang="EN">DNS
Premium 11.5<br>
Office 2010<br>
Windows 7 </span></p><p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font><span style='color: black; font-family: "Verdana","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-: EN;' lang="EN">Here's
the problem as described by the user (which has reared its head after Dragon has been working fine for months):-<br>
<br>
<em>“In the last few days, when I say some
commands, Dragon appears to react correctly, moving the cursor arrow to the
location of the command, but the cursor arrow does not click, but the action
does not happen. This started with the command "maximise". When I
open a window on the Internet and it is not full size and only filling part of
the screen, I say maximise. The cursor arrow then jumps to the image at the top
right hand corner of the window , which should maximise the window, but instead
of clicking on it and opening the window to fill the whole screen, the computer
flicks to another window, which ever is the most recent other window I have
been working with. <o:p></o:p></em></span></p><p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font><span style='color: black; font-family: "Verdana","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-: EN;' lang="EN"><em>Then, a few days ago, I found this started
happening with the bar at the top of the Internet page. Normally I open
Internet Explorer, say, " favourites", and then the list of my
favourite webpages appear. Now when I say favourites. The cursor arrow jumps up
to the word "favourites", but instead of clicking on it, it jumps
back down. <o:p></o:p></em></span></p><p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font><span style='color: black; font-family: "Verdana","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-: EN;' lang="EN"><em>This morning I find when I say "print
file", the printer window opens, but when I say "okay" to start
the actual printing, the arrow jumps to the word "okay", but it does
not click on it, and the computer flicks to the desktop view. The file I wanted
to print remains open, and the print window remains open, but nothing happens.
It is the same if I say "cancel"”. <o:p></o:p></em></span></p><p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font><span style='color: black; font-family: "Verdana","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-: EN;' lang="EN">The
user claims no changes have been made to the PC recently.<br style="mso-special-character: line-break;">
<br style="mso-special-character: line-break;">
</span><span style='color: black; font-family: "Verdana","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-: EN;' lang="EN">Has anyone
seen this before? I’ve searched the Nuance Knowledge Base but can’t see this issue listed.</span><span style='color: black; font-family: "Verdana","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-: EN;' lang="EN">The
user doesn’t have Adobe Reader X installed or the latest Adobe flash plugin so
we don’t think it can be related to the Adobe saga. </span><span style='color: black; font-family: "Verdana","sans-serif"; font-size: 9pt; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-: EN;' lang="EN">I got
her to do a “restore” of her profile but the problem was still happening with the
restored profile.</p><div><o:p>I have her Dragon log. Is there a way to attach it as a file to a post in this forum?</o:p></div><div><o:p></o:p> </div><div><o:p>I've asked her to create a new profile and report back but in the event that doesn't do the trick, anyone have any ideas?</o:p></div><div><o:p><br>Peter</o:p></span></div><p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font></p><p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" ="Msonormal"><o:p><font size="3" face="Calibri"> </font></o:p></p><p><font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font></span> </p>
<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" ="Msonormal"><span style='font-family: "Verdana","sans-serif"; font-size: 11.5pt;'></span> </p>

Is your friend using multiple displays? If so, it is a known issue and DNS does not support multiple displays.

I’ll check. Thanks for mentioning this.

Peter

She only has one monitor. I asked her to create a new profile and it resolved the problem thankfully. Wish I knew the cause of the bad behaviour in the old profile though.

Anyways, solved now.
Peter