Microsoft outlook 2010

When navigating to system created folder structures within Microsoft Outlook the following folders inbox, deleted items, sent mail, are all opened by saying “open inbox”, “open deleted items”, etc. however when trying to open folders such as user defined folders “open cabinet”, “open requests” will not open.

<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Dan,</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>You're trying to do what Dragon cannot do. Dragon only knows the basic folders. It does not know how to open your user folders in Outlook 2010. Dragon does have built-in commands for moving e-mails to your user defined Outlook folders, but these commands are so unreliable they're not worth using. Besides which, all these commands do is move e-mails from your Inbox to those user defined folders, the Dragon commands do not allow you to open them.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>However, the VoiceShortcuts commands in VoicePower allow you to identify your user folders and then give them a command so that you can "send to" "move to" and then, if you want to open those folders, "change to" any user defined folder that you have created. If you need help with this, just let us know. However, Dragon cannot do this. Therefore, there's no point in trying to beat yourself over the head trying to get Dragon to open these folders. Also, there are some caveats with regard to conventions for naming user defined folders in Outlook 2010. Again, I would be more than happy to help you with this.</DIV>

how do i access voice shortcuts in voice power?

is it in the "configure voice power" menu?

Dan,

There are two ways you can access the VoiceShortcuts:

1. Via the "configure VoicePower" menu by simply saying "configure VoicePower" and choosing #1 from the configure VoicePower menu.

2. The easiest way is to simply say "create VoiceShortcuts".

Either way you will get to the VoiceShortcuts dialog. From there, you choose what ever VoiceShortcuts you wish to create by following the instructions. Once you get to the particular VoiceShortcuts wizard for which ever option, simply follow the instructions there.

As I said previously, there are some caveats for using the VoiceShortcuts for Microsoft Outlook. For example, if you have to similar e-mail folders that start with the same one or two words (e.g., Dan 1 and Dan 2), then you may have to modify those folder entries in some cases otherwise VoicePower won't know which one you want. For example, in the example given above, you may have to change the folder names to Dan_1 and Dan_2. Some of these types of conflicts require a slightly different approach. For example, you may have to change them to Dan1 and Dan2. In such cases, you may have to experiment a little. When the folder names or close enough to one another, VoicePower may choose the first one and not be able to get to the second one. However, if your e-mail folders are unique, you should have no problem creating an Outlook shortcut for each.

As I said before, if you need some help, give me the details and I'll tell you how to modify them.