Microphone commands concerning activation and Dragon Mike

I have read everything in the materials concerning setting up the microphone to activate voice computer and Dragon microphone controls. First, I configured the VC microphone to open on start. I next confirmed that it was open. When I deploy the #7 command from configure voice computer, it opens with the Dragon microphone in red. Any attempts to configure “activation” or “voice computer” and “Mike” or “Toggle” – I changed the names for the Dragon commands– does nothing.

When I click the Dragon microphone on and give one of the commands, I get either the “processing please wait” with another opening that says “can’t adjust microphone accuracy” or it says the command is being processed. In either case, it then does not show the command was recognized. It goes back to the microphone commands with the Dragon microphone in red.

Any ideas?

As always, thanks so much.

Jim

As our documentation states, we recommend the VC Microphone only for those who need complete hands-free of their computers.

First, Dragon’s “Wake up” and “Stop Listening” commands now work very well so there’s no need for the VC Microphone except for those who need complete hands-free control.

Second, the VC Microphone is not “plug and play” as is our Intag technology.

The reason is simple. The VC Mic is always on, always listening for the command words so it needs to be carefully configured and for some, reconfigured a couple of times so that it works reliably.

VoiceComputer 2021 introduced the following command sequence to turn the Dragon Microphone on.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [pause] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
This sequence of numbers will give you excellent reliability.

For those who need this feature, you can email us to request a new microhone level app. This app increases the reliability of our VC Mic by maintaining a consistent volume level for the mic even as other programs reset the microphone level for their own purposes.

To toggle the Dragon microphone ON/OFF when the Dragon Microphone is turned OFF
(the microphone button is red), say:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [pause] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thank you for getting back to me, Ron,

Since I am fortunate not to need hands-free, I will use the mouse.

Much appreciated,

Jim