Looking to upgrade laptop

With dragon & VC & bitdfender and with multiple tabs running, sometimes with multiple browsers, is there a suggested specs for hardware? Not a gamer, but multi task. My current set up…HP Pavilion x360 convertible - Intel core i3 (7100U) 2.4GHz - integrated HD graphics 620 with 8GB RAM 2133MHz… is sluggish with link heavy facebook and other link sites.

I’d suggest a laptop with an Intel 11th generation chip and 12-16 GB.
11th generation chips are considerably faster than early chips. Problem is that computers with these chips are just coming out (and some won’t be available until January) so you won’t be able to get Cyber Monday deals on them. .

Been eyeing a Ryzen 7 4700U with 16 GB. How intel’s new chip compare, when it comes to dragon/VC with multiple tabs on multiple browsers?

Seems like a good chip at a great price but I don’t have experience with it.

You could buy with a 30-day money-back guarantee and return if the Intags aren’t really quick…

@RonK: Following question in this thread, I think it is time for me to upgrade my desktop computer. Dragon, along with Intags, are just too slow. I currently have an i5-6600 @ 3.3 GHZ, w/ 16GB.

Looking at the current prices for i9 machines, I’m not sure I have the budget for the upcoming i11 machines - they are likely to be at least $1,500. If I want substantially faster the performance than my current machine, do I need an i9 at minimum?

An i7 has all the power you need with 11th generation chips being noticeably faster than previous generations.
I understand that AMD’s chips for desktops are faster than Intel’s.

For laptops, I recommend the 11th generation i7’s that are just coming out.