Latest VC version and

Not surprisingly, I am totally befuddled.

Recently, on the forum, I saw a reference to a version 13.52. I went to my download link and found a version 13.53. I downloaded it. When asking what version I had I was told 13.5.1.

I went to the download link just now. For VC 64 I found a version 13.54. I downloaded it. When I tried to execute it, I got the following error message.

So what is the latest version number and how do I get around this error?

As always, much appreciated.

Jim

uploads/33/Screenshot_-_2_3_2015__12_36_34_PM.jpg
Trionalaw2015-02-03 10:48:57

Jim,

Version 13.54 is a beta only for testing purposes. Do not attempt to install that version. This goes for everyone. There is a point at which we changed the format and activation such that you would require a new activation license.

Stick with the older version for the time being.

Will let everyone know when it's ready with the proper instructions.
<edited><editID>Chucker</editID><editDate>2015-02-03 13:38:06</editDate></edited>

I deleted my older version. How can I get one?

Thanks,

JIm

Jim,

You should always keep the zip file from at least one previous version so that if you have to uninstall the most current download, for whatever reason, you can then reinstall the previous version.

Unfortunately, once the file upload version changes (i.e., the link), there isn’t any way for us to revert it. What was your previous version?

Might be able to go online with TeamViewer and transfer whatever your previous version was.
Nevertheless, never delete your previous version zip file just in case something like this happens or you have to go back to the previous version. Standard rule of thumb (i.e., never do anything you can’t undo).
Chucker2015-02-03 17:21:03

Made a couple fixes to the Beta and it seems solid. I can send you a link tomorrow morning.

Not sure how you were able to get access to the beta. Sure hope that you weren’t able to get access to my secret plans.

Ron,

it helps to be distracted. I hadn’t emptied my recycle bin so found the older version marked 13.53 which will probably be version 13.5.1. I will confirm when I have it up and running.

I will never do forget to save an installation.

Thanks,

Jim

Ron,

I will of course not disclose how I did it other than to say as I told one of my 8th grade daughter’s classmates when I asked him if he knew how Albert Enstein was and he said he did: He’s my grandfather." This was at parents’ day and made it back to me in less than 30 minutes.

Please send me the beta. I like new things.

As always, keep up the good work.

Jim

I am up and running with version 13.5.1.0.

Thanks,

Jim