Larger Number List for Overlays

It would be helpful to me to be able to utilize more than 50 numbers in one overlay. Can you explain how to modify the commands to incorporate a longer list? (I do appreciate that lists that are too long can slow down Dragon, but I’d like to test and take that chance.In order to make one of my programs more accessible, I need to create columns and rows of numbers using overlays, and 50 per overlay isn’t enough.)

Here's an overlay command file that will let you use up to 100 numbers.

I just copied and pasted numbers greater than 50 from another command file.

uploads/10/showCustomOverlayActive.txt
<div><br></div><div>rename this file to .xml and copy over the existing file in your DocumentsVoiceComputerCommandsCustom</div><div><br></div><div>directory.</div><div><br></div><div><br></div>

Thanks, Ron. I will try this.24

Thanks, Ron. Works like a charm.

Would you advise against going above 100? I’d like to consider going higher and seeing if there’s an impact on performance.

If I want to do this experiment, or adjust the showcustomoverlay24.XML file to have more numbers, could you please describe the procedure? Do I just need to paste the new list in, or do I have to change references to the list somewhere?

>Would you advise against going above 100?

<div><br></div><div>We never tested over 100 but it should work fine.</div><div><br></div><div>I would suggest that you frequently back up the CustomOverlays.xml.</div><div><br></div><div>Overlays have a few additional features that may help you:</div><div>The overlays can be window specific, not just program specific.</div><div><span style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;">You can issue overlay commands such as Open 4, click 33.</span></div><div><span style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;">You can create mimic (heardword) commands for the Overlays. And the, mimic command could perform several actions, for instance, it could click on 14, then 18, page down, then open 4, click 33.</span></div><div><span style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;"><br></span></div><div><span style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;"><br></span></div><div><br></div><div><br></div>

Ron, new problem: twice recently I have found that the new ShowCustomOverlayActive.XML file in the custom commands folderhas been overwritten/restored to the original version (1/20/2014 – at least I think it’s the original). Do you know why that’s happening and what I might do about it? Something to do with the automatic re-configuration that Chuck mentioned in this recent post: http://www.voicecomputer.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=401&title=cant-insert-number-in-overlays?< id=“plugin0” =“application/x-dgnria” width=“0” height=“0” style=": ; : 1000">< name=“tabId” value=“22”>