laptop RAM

I’m looking at a laptop with the 4th Generation Intel Core i7-4702MQ processor. Will 8 GB of memory be sufficient for Dragon and VoiceComputer?

<div><span style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal;"><br></span></div><div><span style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal;">Much appreciated.</span></div><div><span style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal;"><br></span></div><div><span style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal;">Happy new year,</span></div><div><span style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal;"><br></span></div><div><span style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal;">Jim</span></div>

Jim,

I think that we have already discussed this off-line and, according to your email, I recommended that the Coreâ„¢ i7 4700MQ was a better choice.

However, just to update everyone else, the minimum amount of RAM that one should have for running DNS 12-12.51 is 8 GB. 8 GB is sufficient for running Dragon/VoiceComputer/KnowBrainer. The best set up for running third-party add-ons like KnowBrainer and/or VoiceComputer is BestMatch IV General-Large vocabulary. With this set up you can keep the Speed vs. Accuracy slider set all the way to Most Accurate (100%) without experiencing any latency.

However, if you’re using Windows 7 or Windows 8, or even Windows XP, 32-bit where you are limited to 4 GB of RAM, be prepared to experience a very slight degree of latency even with BestMatch IV. In such cases, it’s best to set the Speed vs. Accuracy slider to 50% if the degree of latency is unacceptable. Regardless, with BestMatch IV General-Large vocabulary, adjusting the Speed vs. Accuracy slider between 50% and 100% (Most Accurate) will allow you to find the positioning of the Speed vs. Accuracy slider that will yield the best accuracy along with maximum performance of DNS.