keystroke macros

Is it possible to create a voice shortcut (keystroke macro) with VoicePower so that the Control button and the Windows button (or whatever that thing is called) are pushed? I'd like to switch from Dragon to WSR with a voice shortcut. So far, I've only figured out how to switch from WSR to Dragon with a WSR macro. At the moment, I can't figure out which version of VoicePower I'm using, but I downloaded the software in July of this year.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Hi,
>Is it possible to create a voice shortcut (keystroke macro) with VoicePower
>so that the Control button and the Windows button
No. But we're working on a major upgrade so I should be able to add the Windows key to the voice shortcuts. So, you just need control key + windows key?
>I can't figure out which version of VoicePower I'm using
Say: "Show VoicePower version."
(in the "Show VoicePower Instructions")

Yes, I think that’s all I would need! I’ve pasted the Windows Speech Macros macro that allows me to switch from WSR to Dragon below just in case I’m missing something (I have no idea if the waiting time built into this macro is actually necessary, but I left it in there because I copied it from somewhere else). I think all I would need to do is reverse the order to go from Dragon to WSR.

WSR off
打开龙说话
{F6}
Dragon NaturallySpeaking will be turned on.

{{CTRL}}{WIN}

Oh, thanks for the reminder of how to find what version of VoicePower I’m using. I figured it was something easy, I just couldn’t remember what it was. The only reason I mentioned it, was because I’m pretty sure I’m not using the latest version of VoicePower (therefore possibly making my question irrelevant if those necessary keys had been added to the most recent version).

I may have a similar issue. I am trying to create a shortcut for the, “control and S” key. I want to say the word, “apply” and have those two keys activated by voice. I think I set it up correctly using the configure voice shortcuts. However, nothing happens when I say, “apply”. What is the exact verbal command that I would need in order to activate the keyboard shortcut?

>What is the exact verbal command that I would need in order to activate the keyboard shortcut?
"Activate"
as documented on the voice shortcuts screen.
To run the command, say the spoken name you gave the command, followed by the suffix "command." For example, "spoken name command"
BTW, the "File Save" command is a global command that sends the "ctrl+s" key combination.

Hi Ron,

When I wrote, “activate”, I meant what command do I give in order to have the keyword shortcut initiated? I am very confident that I set up and activated the shortcut correctly. Ironically, I was about to write the name of the program followed by the word command here and guess what, the program opened. So I am all set. I simply say “White smoke command” and it presses f2 for me.

It appears that the Windows key was not added to VoicePower 11.7.1.1. Well, at least I can’t find it. :frowning:

Again, I need to be able to press the control key plus the Windows key in order to turn off/on the microphone of Windows Speech Recognition via voice (I’m using English for Dragon and Chinese for WSR, so I’d like to switch between the two microphones easily). If there’s another way to do this, I’d love to hear it. :slight_smile:

Will the Windows key plus the control key be an option for keystroke macros in this next upgrade of VoicePower? What I would like to do is press and hold down the control key while I press the Windows key. This combination of keys will turn the microphone on/off for Windows Speech Recognition.

Thanks for adding the Windows key to the keystroke macros! Much obliged! (By the way, this would be version 11.8.1 for those who are curious) I can now switch back and forth between WSR and Dragon with ease!

[A side note] In fact, I switched back and forth between the two in the process of writing this post. When I said “click post reply”, Dragon couldn’t seem to find the button to click on. After repeating the command a couple times, I switched to WSR and again said “post reply”. WSR immediately recognized the button and clicked it.

rj,

I see what you mean. I’ll have Ron take a look at it, but it doesn’t appear to be a problem with DNS. It appears to be a problem with the website.

The problem is with the Quick Reply message box. If you use the detailed reply, then saying “click reply” works. It’s only in the Quick Reply message box that the problem exists.
Chucker2012-07-23 07:56:43