Intags keep shutting down

Hi, I am having trouble with Intag often choosing to shut down and restart speech. It seems to happen when I say the number 26, or the number 22, or the command “DEL ETE”, or “press enter”.But also on other occasions that I have not been able to figure out. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, because it happens multiple times a session. Thanks.

To confirm, you're using the Intag application, not VoiceComputer, correct?
(both products feature the Intag speech interface)

Have you configured the Intag Microphone so that it's on all the time?

Does Intag just restart speech or does it first open the Intag Control Center?

I am not clear what the difference is. I am using whatever you sent me.

I am not sure if the Intag microphone is on all the time. I assume so, but I don’t know for sure.

Whenever the error occurs, Intag opens the Intag control center (so if I’m fast, I can say the word “Cancel” and stop the whole process. Then it goes through closing Intag, closing Dragon and then reopening speech. It seems to be getting worse.

I can say the word "Cancel" and stop the whole process

The Intag microphone must be configured to be on all the time and it's not properly configured so it's picking up extraneous mic commands.

You shouldn't need to say 'Cancel', the Control Center should close after 12 seconds, letting you resume with your work.

I'd recommend that you upgrade to the newest release: v2.19. - Just follow the original link that you were sent, it should let you download the new release.

Uninstall the old release and install this one. Once you do that, say, 'Configure Intag' and then follow the prompts to "Enable / Disable Microphone to open on startup and restart at intervals."

If you have any problems, email us and we'll give you tech support.

Hi, Ron,

Thanks for your reply. I have installed the newest release, thank you, so hopefully that will fix the problem. I’ll try it out and see how it goes, and will be in touch with any issues.

Thank you again.

Regards, Katherine.

I'm quite sure that the problem that you're having is because the microphone feature is not properly configured.

The VoiceComputer / Intag Microphone cannot be an out-of-the-box, one-size-fits-all solution because we all have unique ways of speaking and use different microphones.

To learn how to configure the microphone, first open the documentation folder by saying, Show Documentation and then read the Using the Intag Microphone.pdf file or the Using the VC Microphone.pdf file if you're using VoiceComputer.