intags extension glitches

I have used VoiceComputer 2017 and have updated to 2018. I waited for the new version before mentioning my problems with intags in Google Chrome.

1. About once a day, after I haven't used Google Chrome for some time and return to it, intags appear on both the menu and the webpage. This shouldn't happen, should it? When it does, it means trouble. The intags are glued to the menu and the webpage. It does not matter what I say, for example, "Toggle" or "Hide numbers" or "Hide intags" or "Close intags".

Sometimes the only thing that works at all is to call up the voice computer control centre and say "Shutdown Speech". Why does this glitch occur? Is there a way to switch off intags manually? Could there be a way to do that?

2. Now for a lighter glitch. Is there a way to change the trigger-Word ("Toggle") for intags switching in the Chrome extension?
I use Toggl to track time on projects. The only way I can keep it from opening is to delete its bookmark from the browser. This is not a huge inconvenience, but it seems worth asking whether switching the Google Chrome extension's trigger word in VoiceComputer is a possibility.



Thanks for your feedback.


We have two other reports of problems with Chrome Overlays. No two are alike but they all occur when Chrome has been open and used for a while, or a long while.

One of the other users can temporarily fix the problem by Pressing ‘Esc’ and then saying, “Overlay Windows”.

This doesn’t work for the other user. The other user has a delay problem that may be fixed by the forthcoming Dragon bug fix 15.1.

First try saying, ‘Cancel That’ and then ‘Overlay Window’

if that doesn’t work, first save your work in Chrome and then say, "Close Chrome Processes"

This will close all the Chrome processes. Open Chrome and see if the problem persists.

The problem with Chrome is that Google frequently updates it and they have no concern about backward capability.

Let us know if this works!

> Is there a way to change the trigger-Word (“Toggle”) for intags switching in the Chrome extension?

Yes.

Edit the displaynumbers.xml command file in
C:ProgramDataVoiceTeachVoiceComputerCommandsCustom

(Open it in Notepad and Press ‘alt+h’ to replace text.

Find what 'toggle’
replace with 'your replacement command’

Save the file.

Changing command names while using VoiceComputer, may slow down Dragon, so I’d recommend that you ‘restart speech’.

If your Replacement command works reliably, then copy the displaynumbers.xml command file in
C:ProgramDataVoiceTeachVoiceComputerCommandsCustom

OVER the existing file in
C:Program Files (x86)VoiceTeachVoiceComputerhelpVC_FilesCustom_files

The latter location has the ‘master files’ so when you make configuration changes, the files from

C:Program Files (x86)VoiceTeachVoiceComputerhelpVC_FilesCustom_files

overwrite the files in

C:ProgramDataVoiceTeachVoiceComputerCommandsCustom














Thanks, Ron, for your speedy reply. Especially regarding the replacing "toggle". I put in "goggles", and it works perfectly.

The sticky intags problem and Google Chrome hasn't recurred, so no feedback on that point.