import command's failure

I’m using version 12.75.0. I created a user using BestMatch V and the medium vocabulary as recommended by Dragon.when I attempt to import my commands, I get to the command “voice computer” and all that happens is voice computer is highlighted but there are no #numbered versions under it.

By the way, the latency is so bad with this user once I configure voice computer I am going to go to my Besrmatch IV with large vocabulary. And I have a new laptop with the latest and greatest fourth-generation i7 CPU. It is the i7 4700 MQ. There are a little faster ones(4800 and 4900) but this one should be extremely fast compared to my first-generation i7 CPU on my desktop.

I am now typing because the latency is actually minutes!!! And I have 16MB of RAM.

So help with the import command and then I close out of this user

Thanks,

Jim

Jim,

The problem with BestMatch V is with commands. VoiceComputer has a lot of commands that tends to slow BestMatch V down. However, there’s one thing you can try and let me know whether or not it works for you. Press and hold down the Shift key and then dictate. If the person that I was speaking to, who was responsible for the speech models development at Nuance is correct, and it seems to be the case in my testing, you should get pretty much instant display of text (i.e., speech to text). Regardless, when using VoiceComputer BestMatch IV is recommended until Nuance fixes the problem with commands in BestMatch V.

If there are no numbered automatic backups under the VoiceComputer folder then they went South or they’re located someplace else. If you want to, I can go online with you with TeamViewer so that I can see what’s going on. However, if this is your new system, then your automatic backups aren’t there. Regardless, let me know what if anything changed in terms of hardware, software installs, etc. Dragon doesn’t have anything to do with the import of VoiceComputer commands. It only has to do with the import of Dragon commands. Regardless, I’m not sure what you’re saying.

Chucker:

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I will try that BestMatchV trick and see what happens.

As far as the commands importing,I will see what happens with another user. I will get back to you.

Much appreciated,

Jim

Chucker,

With that BestMatch V, and holding the shift key down, it does dictate rather quickly. In fact, it is lightning quick!
However, I find that command such as spell that do not work.

commands such as “new paragraph” do work. rather odd, don’t you think?

Much appreciated,

Jim

Trionalaw2014-02-20 10:56:26

Jim,

Pressing and holding the Shift key steps you into Dictation mode. In Dictation mode, whether you use the Shift key or you change to Dictation mode, correction is not available because commands are not available. On the other hand, Dictation Commands (those that are in the Vocabulary Editor) work because they are not “technically” commands. This is why Dictation Commands were done the way they were so that they could be used in Dictation mode. This also applies to VoiceComputer commands because in Dictation mode there is no command interpretation (VoiceComputer, Dragon, KnowBrainer, yada yada yada).

Bottom line, not odd at all. It’s the way Dragon was designed to work.Chucker2014-02-20 15:05:17

Chucker,

I found that Dragon has a command that allows you to dictate in dictation mode. I was getting winded holding down the control key!

I can’t wait until nuance fixes theBestMatch V problem.it certainly dictates rather quickly!

Best wishes,

Jim

My Aunt Lucy did not raise me to not admit when I am wrong. Or, to avoid the double negative, Aunt Lucy raised me to admit when I was wrong.

I don’t know what I was thinking. I have my VoiceComputer configuration commands available. I was thinking I had to import them among different Dragon user profiles. I must’ve still have been thinking about watching the new season of “House of Cards” on Netflix(Francis Underwood and his wife are clearly related to that dude who runs North Korea.)

So it was not a VoiceComputer problem but my problem. And I have dealt with it. I am having my “I am not George Clooney” tattoo removed from my forehead.

Enjoy your weekend,

Jim

Jim,

One of my favorite sayings is:

A little bit of knowledge is dangerous. A lot of knowledge is just plain fatal.

I wouldn’t worry about it. There are enough times when I have opened my mouth just to change feet. It happens to the best of us.

Thank you, Chucker:

You need to do your own quote application. I think you could get five dollars for each download. I have Oscar Wilde, Winston Churchill, and Frederick Nietzsche. Candidly, your quotes are more useful to me.

Much appreciated,

Jim

PS: I’m presently dictating with BestMatch V with a medium vocabulary. No latency issues right now. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.