how to move/edit multiple overlay tags at the same

hello Ron,

<span style="font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;mso-fareast-font-family:  SimSun;mso-font-kerning:.5pt;mso-ansi-:EN-GB;mso-fareast-:ZH-CN;  mso-bidi-:HI">is there a way to edit/move multiple overlay values at
the same time? I created an overlay set with about 40 tags. For some strange
reason today, all my tags seem to be off centre. They’ve all moved 2 or 3
pixels up. This happens not just for my chrome overlays, but for other programs
overlays as well.<br>Thanks<br></span>
> is there a way to edit/move multiple overlay values at the same time?

Yes, you can edit the CustomOverlays.xml (the overlays configuration file which is located in the C:ProgramDataVoiceTeachVoiceComputer directory).

Editing the CustomOverlays.xml is easy the second time you edit it. The first time, not so much.

1. Make several backups of the CustomOverlays.xml

2. Open the file, get familiar with its structure and try to identify the points that need to be edited. (Open an overlay and match the points in the file with the points on the screen.)

3. Close Dragon / VoiceComputer! (You can't edit the file with VoiceComputer open.)

3. Make a couple of backups of the file. Edit a few of the points in an overlay and overwrite the CustomOverlays.xml file. Open VoiceComputer and open the overlay you edited to see whether your changes worked the way as planned.

4. Close VoiceComputer/ Dragon. Make the edits you need in one of the backups and then overwrite the CustomOverlays.xml file. You probably will just need to edit the x or the y values.

An as example, I made a quick overlay for Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (below).

The WindowID in the overlay is AcroRd32, which is Reader's executable.

As you can see, I made an overlay with 4 points for a menu.
Number 1, Number 2 ...

The Y value of each of the points is different. (110, 108, 112, and 107)

I can make the 4 points line up vertically by changing all the Y values to 107.
You can do something similar with your overlay.

Let me know if you have any questions!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
AcroRd32